Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Shark
Shark
T
Hi, first time replier to the etiquette board! I haven't noticed that in a restaurant, but I have seen it in my church!!

For the one's who think their feet are clean... not if you are wearing flip flops!! No way feet are clean after walking around in flip flops or sandals all day! And how many times do we mindlessly touch the booth seat where we are sitting? Ewwww!!!!

Michelle
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Originally Posted By: Jilly
i guess i will have to be the black sheep here. I see nothing wrong with it. Nor with elbows on the table. I always hesitate to post in this forum b/c it seems i am the black sheep in everything ever posted here. frown

Jilly, I am a new-guy here and personally think a range of views are needed. Please don't stop posting.
Also, another old saying is that, if you feel you need to impress your friends................change your friends..... wink
Take care guys.
Ken

Time is the best teacher, sadly, she kills all of her students!
Also, I have just reread my post and it sounds a little rude.
The changing your friends reference was to the "Black Sheep" comment, not to the original message.
Oh Dear, I'm off to a bad start.

Time is the best teacher, sadly, she kills all of her students!
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Hi Ken, welcome to the forum, we hope that you enjoy your stay!
Rosie
That eyeball is eye catching lol

Rosie L
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: Jilly
i guess i will have to be the black sheep here. I see nothing wrong with it. Nor with elbows on the table. I always hesitate to post in this forum b/c it seems i am the black sheep in everything ever posted here. frown

I know this is an old subject but I wanted to chime in anyway. Jill, I agree that I find nothing wrong with elbows on the table. Here's my take: it depends where you are and what you do in certain restaurants. For example, here in Texas, there's a lot of sandles worn most of the year and when people are in restaurants that have outdoors eating areas, I see a lot of feet exposed. Its just the norm here. Also, they seem to wear a lot of fancy pajamas and houseslippers, but get this with socks. (smile)

So, it just depends I guess. I see some people pick their teeth with a toothpick and one time a person using it flicked a piece of food out. Now, what's the etiquette there? The restaurants give you toothpicks but you just might get flinged with some debree nearby from someone seated next to you. Hmmm.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: Chippychap
Also, I have just reread my post and it sounds a little rude.
The changing your friends reference was to the "Black Sheep" comment, not to the original message.
Oh Dear, I'm off to a bad start.

ChippyChap, that eye is creeping me out. But in a fun way....welcome.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
I sometimes take off my shoes too. But, I do not put them up onto the seat...that's just rude! I do make sure that my feet are clean though! If I'm coming off a 5-mile hike on a warm day....better keep the shoes on!! laugh

R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
Edited by management for TOS violations

Last edited by Jeanne Daigle; 01/03/09 12:28 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Rainview, please remove blatant advertising links from your posts, or I will assume that your posts are for Spam purposes only.

Back to the original topic, since I started this thing and my second post seems to have been Ambien induced (judging by my spelling and the fact that I don't remember it!)...

I did mention in my first post that this was Macaroni Grill. Now I realize that this restaurant is not one of Zagat's 5 stars, but it is generally seen as a "nicer" restaurant to eat at. It is kind of like, we take the kids to Olive Garden, but Macaroni Grill is just for us as a couple.

So I'm not fussing about people slipping their flip-flops off at McDonald's. (Where there is a Playland, and kids take their shoes off anyway). This is where people come for business lunches, dates, evenings out, etc. I just didn't want to sit there with my husband on our one night out in like 6 months, and have to smell that girl's feet!! Not an appetizing beginner for my meal.

Oh and Rosie, I think when Lisa mentioned Bob going into the kitchen to take pictures - it was as his job being a reporter. I'm pretty sure Lisa said that they do reviews on restaurants. So she wasn't just saying he could wander in with his Sanyo and click off a few pictures. wink

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Oh thanks for telling me Michelle
Lisa never mentioned that, { that i know of}
I never knew Bob was a reporter, How about that wink

Rosie L
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Decorum-Is-Key Lisa 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.