logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Yes - I did mean Commune. I was thinking of something else at the time.

A shrug is like a little, loose knit shawl, with armholes and just one button.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
dye my hair plum and be outrageous. I think I would feel happier but, it wouldnt suit me lol.

Last edited by amyuk; 05/28/09 12:01 PM.
I'm getting back into dressing the way I want, but I'll have to save a few things for just 'going out' times because they're not practical in my workplace. Gauzy, lacy, flowing skirts, silky camis, and short jackets or little cardigans with a distinctivly feminine look and lots of jewelry - oh, and heels! On the flip side, I'm a blue jean girl too. Jeans, and the above-mentioned camis, cardigans, and heels make me happy. In the winter I'd wear capes instead of coats. I'd have a hat collection and wear one every day. My biggest concern is that one day someone's going to announce that I dress too young for my age. I'm just not ready to dress like my mother!

N
Shark
Shark
N

Honestly, I HATE clothes. If I could get away with being a nudist I would. But I can't. My sociatal beliefs won't let me. When I am home alone, which is most of the time I wear as little as possible. I find clothes confining and affect my mood. I don't like anything tight or unnatural. I wear all natural fabrics.

R
R
I love to wear long skirts but I'm too short. I also love to wear knee-length dresses, but I don't have a nice pair of legs.

S
S
I would love to wear strappy dresses with flat comfortable sandals. Pretty girly things. I always wear trousers and a comfortable top, nothing on show lol. I do get to wear the flat comfy shoes tho.

B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
Dresses they wore in the Middle Ages e.g.

Elephant
Elephant
What a great question! Because of what I do for a living I have to wear workout clothes all the time. I live in yoga pants, athletic tanks, and running shoes or flip flops. In my opinion this is too much like the pajama look that can look like you just don't care about how you look.

If I wear more athletic "jock" clothes that isn't fitted I look frummy and if I wear more fitted clothes then I get the wrong attention from clients and male trainers. So no matter what I wear to work I get no respect as Rodney Dangerfield used to say.

Personal training is a very male dominated business and the guys always want to talk down to you or try to sexualize every conversation and it's hard to stand up to them when you're just shy of 5'4" tall and you don't look like those bodybuilding chics that almost look like dudes.

If I could wear anything I wanted I would look like Trinity from The Matrix or Blair from Terminator Salvation (gun and knives included).

I think if I wore hardcore boots, tight leather, and a gun then I would come across the way I really feel which is sexy smart and tough but the guys would think twice about saying some of the rude things they say and maybe they would take me more seriously right from the start.

When I wear Jeans to work I get a completely different vibe from people. Funny how clothes can have such an impact on your self esteem and the way others see you. I wonder what how people would judge each other if everybody just ran around naked.

Here's a pic of Moon Bloodgood as Blair Williams. I love her boots!
http://www.terminatorsalvation.ca/gallery/Moon_Bloodgood.asp

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 08/12/09 02:20 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Every time I see this title in the forum sidebar my instinctive reaction is "but I *do* wear whatever I want!" smile I don't tend to think about how others will react to what I'm wearing. At home I just wear tshirts and sweats so I'm as comfortable as possible. When I go out - if I'm going to a restaurant or something - I have long floor-length casual dresses which have an Indian sort of feel to them, which look nice but are comfy and casual in my mind. So I toss on a long sleeve or short sleeve or strapped one depending on the heat level. They're from "Holy Clothing" on ebay if you want to see what they look like. They used to be super cheap but have gotten more expensive as they've gotten more popular so I luckily stocked up on them back when they were $10 each.

I'm intrigued when people talk about dressing differently than they want to because of a boyfriend. I imagine we're all in different stages of our lives. I've been with my boyfriend for 14 years and I really don't think much at all about what he wants to see me wear wink I wear what I want to wear, he wears what he wants to wear, and we are happy together. I would never think to tell him to wear something in particular? He wears tshirts and sweats, but really I don't even notice it. Maybe we are bizarre wink

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
V
V
I'm a comfy pair of jeans and t-shirt, when i'm lounging round, or i'll stay in my p.j's if i am not going out,. Then when i dress up i like the jeans and high heels :-)

Last edited by valleygirl; 11/29/09 01:09 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.