Page 1 of 2 1 2
#466516 11/07/08 06:48 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I posted a note in the Democratic Forum, and a reader suggested I do the same here. It's a great idea.

Basically, I wanted to let people know that BellaOnline forums are for mutual support. That a Republican should feel safe coming in here to express views, and that a Democrat or Independent won't be tearing into them in this environment.

Here is what I said in the Dem Forum:

"Just FYI, this is the Democratic Party forum. Not saying anyone can't talk here, but people looking for support for Republican views might post in the Republican Party forum here on BellaOnline?

I am trying to be delicate here, as I post in the Rep forum from time to time. But when I do post there, i try to be respectful of where I am. I try not to rip into Republican viewpoints since it's just not the right place to do it. :-)"

Does this sound fair? So we can turn this to be the exact same thing - respect from the Dems for the forum you are visiting?

Non-Republicans should be respectful of the Republican viewpoint if they come into this place. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 11/07/08 07:04 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Shark
Shark
T
That was actually how I thought the forum was set up in the first place since it had two separate forums.

Michelle
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yeah, exactly. There ARE other forums that would welcome these debates on BellaOnline, i would think. People can debate right and wrong, good and evil, and opposing viewpoints in the Philosophy forum here. The Current Events forum might also be a better place to present both sides and argue the differences. Or even the Independent Party Forum?

Just some suggestions. We really do want people who have a certain POV to feel there is a safe haven for them somewhere on the Internet, where they can share their views and not have people come in and argue how "wrong" they are. smile

B
Shark
Shark
B
I thought I would bump this up to the top because apparently some people are not listening to you Jilly.

Kay
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks for the bump, Kay. smile

I think I will make this post sticky for a bit.

Good thoughts, Jilly! Each forum on BellaOnline is for a particular subject and no one wants to be hassled or ripped into for going to a forum and expressing their POV.

Debates can be fun and enlightening - but, discrimination and insults just have no place anywhere on BellaOnline.

Current Events is an excellent place for a mature and sensible debate.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
ahh but debating is so fun.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I agree that the Current Event forum here on BellaOnline is a better place for debating the pros and cons of the various parties. :-)

T
T
To be able to express one's opinion unencumbered by fear of reprisals, abusive verbal inuendo or ridicule is the hallmark of a good forum. I hope that we can maintain mutual respect for each other's views here.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Hmm ... I hope what I wrote earlier wasn't what caused these comments. I always do try to be sincere and polite even when I feel I must disagree with someone. Clarifying facts that might be missing from a debate is, IMO, completely different from arguing or being abusive. Please let me know if anything I wrote was inappropriate. I am still fairly new here at BellaOnline.

Sincerely,
-Deb

Deb Frost
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.