Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My husband and I always joke about the sometimes peculiar behavior of our cats by paraphrasing that line from the movie Sixth Sense:

"They see the Little People"

Because at times, they seem to chase creatures that aren't visible to the average human eye.

I've heard other people say they believe their pets have a 6th sense. What about you? Or do you think my cats are just crazy..lol?

Last edited by TrishPaganEd; 11/14/08 06:24 PM.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Not just my cats, but my dog as well. Sometimes she just stares up at the ceiling or into a corner where I can't see anything. I think they can see what we can not.

B
Shark
Shark
B
Yes, that makes me wonder too. Sometimes my shepherd will just stand and stare at a certain part of the room and I wonder if she can see what I cannot. I take fondness to the fact that when I go to bed at night, she lays directly in front of me on my side of the bed, almost as if she is guarding me.

Koala
Koala
Animals and small children. It can be a bit unnerving. My DH will walk in and spy the cats staring up at the ceilng, and the kids too usually, and next thing you know, he's staring at the ceiling too. Then I come along and we're all staring at the ceiling - for no apparent reason.

Gecko
Gecko
We have 5 cats and everyone of them does that, not at the same time but they do it. Sometimes it makes me just a little nervous because I will think that there is a critter that doesn't belong in here, hahahahahha but so far that has never been the case.

L
Shark
Shark
L
we say they are seeing fairies or angels. what spooks me out is when more than one stares down the hallway and there is nothing there and no creaks or bumps that I could hear! Staring down hallways just creeps me out. Occasionally my Wegie insists on looking in all the closets--I open the door he looks in and then is satisfied and leaves. I think cats are multi-dimensional. They can see planes we can't. All I have to do is lay a piece of paper on the floor and everyone wants to sit on it---it becomes a "new" space even tho it is on top of the old space.

Ravyn

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I don't think anyone is crazy. There have been many articles written about cats and dogs that seem to see things that we don't.

There have been times here at my aunts house where I get almost a flash of something out of the corner of my eye. I turn to look, thinking I am going to step on her cat (he loves to get in front of people) and by golly....there is nothing there. So what am I seeing?

Todd (the cat) will also sit there and look intently at a place where nothing is........man oh man does that creep me out!!!

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My male cat has a thing for paper too. A piece of paper is almost as much of a cat magnet as opening a cat of tuna or bag of catnip.

I usually love those "corner of the eye" moments unless I'm in a place where the energy feels dense or otherwise off in some way.

Thanks everyone for sharing about your dogs also. I haven't had a dog since I was a child, so I was wondering how your dogs compared to cats, especially in the same household.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Robin - Fragrance Editor
I don't think anyone is crazy. There have been many articles written about cats and dogs that seem to see things that we don't.

Hubby and I have decided that ouir cats (particularly the Queen Cat) are schizophrenic. She will be sitting there, then all of a sudden jump about a foot in the air and go dashing off like her tail was on fire.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
L
Shark
Shark
L
I could put a postage stamp on the floor and one of the cats will sit on it! Recently bought a laser pointer--what fun! (be safe tho...) Got up this morning and all three cats were sitting next to each other on the back of the couch (odd in itself!) and staring intensely at the blank--off--tv screen. They're Here!

Ravyn

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Max our chow/lab will visit with my husband in the garage which is his woodshop. Immediately Max starts staring at the ceiling...and will do so forever. He also does this while standing on top of the picnic table under the arbor.

Corona, our Heinz 57 mutt will stare up at the ceiling in the living room and with her unpanting mouth open. We have pictures and it's quite weird.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.