Page 1 of 2 1 2
#468317 11/14/08 11:27 AM
A
Andom Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
We may not want to admit it, but winter is just around the corner. This means that your skin care regime must change in order to accommodate those harsh winds and dry days.
Stocking up on quality skin care products is a good idea, though these products alone won't help you fight those winter winds. Thankfully, there are some things that you can do to protect your skin all winter long. Do you want to know the best part about winter skin care steps? They are easy to accomplish, and they will provide you with glowing skin all year long.
Let's begin with dry skin, since it is the number one skin care complaint during the winter months. Many people believe that dry skin is caused by a lack of oil within the skin. Simply put, this is not true. You see, dry skin occurs when water is lacking. Drink more water during the winter months, and make sure to slather yourself in a good natural moisturizer when you get out of the shower every morning.
Additionally, if you get into the habit of eating healthy foods that contain lots of fatty acids, you will find that your skin responds favourably to this type of diet. Foods like nuts, figs, dried fruits, and some seeds are packed with the nutrients that your skin needs. It is also really important to use a great facial moisturizer daily.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Andom #468891 11/16/08 04:48 PM
B
Shark
Shark
B
Hi Andom and thanks for the post.

You can also read my article on winter skin care
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Beauty B's #468905 11/16/08 06:08 PM
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Thanks for the good info Andom and Anastia, the article was right on time. Though my skin stays pretty hydrated being in a warm climate, it's just starting to get cold and these reminders are just in time. I'll be sure to sign up for your newsletters. You've got some good stuff in there. Maybe I can reciprocate one day with an answer about gardening. Stop by when time permits.

Thanks again and have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Kimmi08 #469279 11/18/08 04:57 AM
K
K
I think a problem that everyone may come across in Winter is chapped lips! Chapped lips is really annoying and I've been going through this for the past several years. So glad that I found a solution that I tried applying Skin Ceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel Moisture Enhancing Gel on my lips first and then apply Elizabeth Arden Eight hour cream to capture the moisture on lips! It's a good chapped lips remedy and I would recommend people to do that every night before going to bed!

I have consult 4 dermatologists before for skin care problems and all of the recommended me to use Skin Ceuticals products and the B5 moisture Gel is especially made for extremely dehydrated skin and can be applied on skin and lips! Of cos after apply Skin Ceuticals B5 moisture Gel, you needa apply a thicker lip moisturizer to protect and keep the moisture on your lips! So Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream is the best choice as lip blam or first-aid moisturizer for chapped skin! remember both product an apply on skin and lips too!

I have also found an online store which sell both products in discount! My fav online store beautilady.com offer those brand in discount and free shipping!Hope my little tips can help people to fix the chapped lips problem in winter!

Karene E #470385 11/22/08 04:44 AM
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
good post Andom. I will try it.

Digitoko #470386 11/22/08 05:14 AM
Elephant
Elephant
a good thing to avoid, mineral oil and petroleum jelly. They do nothing but give you the "feel" of hydrated skin, because it cannot actually absorb into the skin, and thus jhydrate it

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Lady J #470387 11/22/08 05:16 AM
Elephant
Elephant
the same applies to chapped lips. Be careful of what you use. You need something that will absorb. Also you need to make sure you stay hydrated internally. We tend to drink hot caffinated drinks more in the winter. This denies our bodies the hydration it needs. Warm is good because it moves into the body quicker since it (the body) doens't have to work so hard to warm the fluid and digest it.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Lady J #477637 12/22/08 03:19 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Thanks for sharing such nice information

Karene E #484436 01/13/09 04:41 AM
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Originally Posted By: Karene E
I think a problem that everyone may come across in Winter is chapped lips! Chapped lips is really annoying and I've been going through this for the past several years. So glad that I found a solution that I tried applying Skin Ceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel Moisture Enhancing Gel on my lips first and then apply Elizabeth Arden Eight hour cream to capture the moisture on lips! It's a good chapped lips remedy and I would recommend people to do that every night before going to bed!

I have consult 4 dermatologists before for skin care problems and all of the recommended me to use Skin Ceuticals products and the B5 moisture Gel is especially made for extremely dehydrated skin and can be applied on skin and lips! Of cos after apply Skin Ceuticals B5 moisture Gel, you needa apply a thicker lip moisturizer to protect and keep the moisture on your lips! So Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream is the best choice as lip blam or first-aid moisturizer for chapped skin! remember both product an apply on skin and lips too!

I have also found an online store which sell both products in discount! My fav online store beautilady.com offer those brand in discount and free shipping!Hope my little tips can help people to fix the chapped lips problem in winter!

It's really appreciable thread and hope all member will get benefit from here.

Andom #486748 01/21/09 05:05 AM
N
N
Hi,
thanks for the information.Hope it will work for all of us and will solve our issues.

Last edited by Beauty B's; 01/21/09 09:33 AM.
NASHG #487341 01/23/09 08:44 AM
J
J
Thanks so much ,my gf juss asked meh tae search some beauty tips for her pffffffffffff . lol will suggest yer alls suggestions to her :) www.flashtrackz.com

Last edited by jamesbode; 01/23/09 08:46 AM.
NASHG #487345 01/23/09 08:51 AM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Interesting... about the petroleum jelly. I don't use it on the rest of my skin. I'm working on my feet now - I posted a comment on it in the ethnic beauty forum. I used to be able to rub petroleum jelly on my feet at night and put on some white socks and they would be nice and soft in the morning. I'm noticing it doesn't work anymore. Any ideas for softening the feet during the winter?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
NASHG #487355 01/23/09 10:55 AM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
My son is ADHD and has a tic due to OCD that he licks his lips constantly so in the winter AND summer they are horribly chapped.
We have tried everything and found that neosporin LT [lip treatment] works the best.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
also I had a split upper lip left side going front to back...the kind that when you smile splits back open. I had tried everything to help....increased water and even cool mist humidifier to no avail...

the neosporin lip treatment worked over night to almost completely heal it.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I buy and use jojoba oil and almond oil after bath and with socks at night no problem with soft feet.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Thanks for the info, Erika!!! Is there a particular brand that has both jojoba and almond oils in it, or are they two separate products?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Dianne, try the Nivea cream too. After conversing with Jase who really knows his stuff on cosmetics, this one really sold me. This cream is really good for the entire body (especially those rough dry patches like elbows, knees, feet, soles of feet). It has made a dramatic improvement.

He told me too that we should use creams in the winter and lotions in the summer. Go for it everybody. Now beware, Nivea ain't cheap, okay? But it is well worth it considering you will have some left over before summer even gets here to use next fall/winter season. So it's a keeper....

Last edited by Kimmie08; 01/23/09 12:36 PM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Andom #883023 11/28/14 12:37 PM
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I never change my beauty routine with the seasons. If you have a good beauty routine to start with that you do every day I do not think this will lead to problems when a season change arrives unless of course you have a medical reason for it (like i know people are really affected when theres no sun - maybe its the same with the skin).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.