Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thanks Elleise, but there are already tons of those books written by people with more experience and knowledge than me. I do have a book in my future, if life ever permits me to start it.

I've been helping friends and family with wedding and event planning for years. I want to write a humorous book on how to put on an event, particularly weddings. That is such a stressful thing, I think having a humor filled guide might help.

I have a name for the business, if I ever get to the time when I can persue it, and a name for the book. But I have other priorities right now.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Sounds good. We're planning an event this next spring, sure to have loads of stress, lol.

It won't be me, I don't feel it's going to be as bad as some guests think it might...mixing families...but i've heard differently.

I figure, as long as people are eating and drinking, how upset can you be?

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi John, I must have missed this post, sorry about that.

Well, entrepaneurs will be the backbone of the financial crisis. That's the short answer. They'll struggle at first, that's obvious, but if they don't look down, they will gain more momentum after the market faces the impending fear of the recession/depression. Comfort, real communication, say what you mean, quality work, things the larger co's let go of, that will be the wave these business thrive on!

We may hear claims of millions of jobs opening, rest assured, they will hold gov't type hourly wages, enough said. If you have an idea, don't fall for, I'll get to it when I have time...make time!

Here's what's left of the rest of the market. Greed, there's a reason Ebenezer Scrooge is a tale that simply never goes away. Greedy individuals have a rough time, letting go of the ego and illusions they've spent virtually all of their entire lives building, whether or not it's for the good of anything. They'll hold on to it like a pitbull on meat, no matter how miserable it makes them or the people around them.

We have good people out there giving their all, and I mean everything they got, finally coming to realize they can be dispensed whenever the man/woman upstairs gives word. Much of this they have kept away from family members and neighbors. In actuality, they can barely breath each day they wake up worried for their loved ones. These are the people that have kept the economy going as far as it has against the odds. These folks are exhausted and are finally just stopping. We will begin seeing more of these people. They feel there is no loyalty and start snapping out of the daze. After a time these people will take their talents and bond together forming 'newer' companies. The gov't on the other hand will begin taking over things you'd never dream of. Envision anything the gov't has done w/effeciencey and you'll have the hiring process in a nutshell when this comences. The only reason this will be agreed to is because the people who own the current co's are scared. It's a good time to make a deal with the Devil! We think there's politics now, just wait...

If you have an idea, MAKE that ideal and do whatever it takes. You won't be sorry.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
http://www.Elleise.synthasite.com

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
W
Shark
Shark
W
Thanks Elleise! That about tells me what I need to do. I appreciate you taking the time.

It gets frustrating sometimes and I actually do say, I'll get to it when I get more time smile

-Whoisjohngalt

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I feel that way too sometimes. It's amaizing how much mind set has to do with productivety. I mean sometimes I can see the other side of the rainbow and other's it feels just so exhausting, why bother.

I give myself the pitty-party, lol, stare at the computer, walk away hands on hips, try to do something else, sit back down, this time with crossed arms, sqinty eyes and tell myself these few seconds could make all of the difference in the world - write even if it's just one sentence, write!

When that fails, I order 2 lbs of buffalo wings!

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 12/06/08 08:23 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi Elleise,

You mentioned greed in one of your posts, as far as a company's greed, but what about individual's who are greedy, do they end up the same way these company's are going to?

I am only asking b/c I have been dealing with a greedy ex-husband who does everything he can to reduce his child support and has been for quite some time. He's used our children, has not had a pay raise in four years (even though he's been in a higher position for two of those years) and has been successful in getting child support taken off of wage attachment, so he can "start using his overage", we had two children emancipated and b/c the courts allowed it to be backdated he ended up with a significant overage in child support and he "wants it back now", actually he (in writing) told me he was "anxious to get the money owed to him." NORMALLY the overage is applied prior to the last child's emancipation, that won't happen for another six years.

So basically I am asking when will the greed end and when will it hit individual's who are greedy?

Anna

anamcara
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi Anna,

Great question. There are many different layers to each, the co's and individuals. Within each layer then are options to respond to the development of their immediate actions.

With Co.'s it's a four sided coin, kidding. Overal company greed has a starting point and trickles down from there. You have group conscious runing the show with followers/workers underneath.

If you happen to be on the "in-crowd" and the gov't sees a financial and powerful gain in regards to your co. appealing to them, they will be helped no matter how much greed there is. Pilfering from upper management will continue, but the overall headlines will read, "Jobs saved in America" the gov't will be protected in their hand in the financial crisis and the Co.'s upper management/CEO's (pretend politicians) wll continue to live, generally the way they always have. They'll just have to find a new way to report earnings.

With ego driven or greedy individuals, they have for the most part only their selves contend with because they are to individualized to consider the bigger picture. They really are the star of their own show. Their actions, greed or otherwise will directly effect their set, their viewing audience, etc., etc. What they don't get, is they are the only ones that are really interested. If they were to be audited, like one of our television shows for ratings and how many people care, their shows would never make it past next season. I'm not speaking of the infamous, however.

Infamous or not, though, because the people they surround themselves are like minded, they receive just enough outside publicity/credit to continue, whether it's other people complaining about the same things they are or other egoterians wanting to share in the illusian of eliteism.

Greedy individuals like greedy Co's, they have a lable...you'll know them both by the quality of thier work. So, in that sense they are alike and what they reflect is truly what you are deep down dealing with. Where greedy Co's destroy the $, market and workers family lives, the destruction is further away from the said people initiating it.

A greedy man, woman or child will wake up, live and breath their unhappiness. No matter where they run, they can't run away from themselves AND they will always have a trail of destruction just over their shoulders needing repair. They may turn to alcohol and money to drown out the damages but the only way to be free of them will be to go back and repair what they had a hand in. That's the only way they will be free.

When greedy egocentric parents spill over onto their children, the children won't and don't stay children forever. They then have a wrath more equivilent to their own to contend with. Even with alcohol, drugs or money, their children will have a voice and it will be heard!

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.