Next Thread
Print Thread
#467519 11/11/08 02:21 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Yesterday, God answered a prayer that I had been praying for over a year. My son was returned to me for good. When I left my abusive husband for the last time, he hid our oldest son from me. Because we were married, we each had equal rights to custody of the children. So, my son remained in his custody until a final hearing was ruled upon.

God is so good. He not only returned my son to me, the court ruled/acknowledged/documented that the charges my husband made against me that I was the abuser were bogus, retaliatory, and absurb (often perpetrators pretend that the victim of his abuse is the predominant agressor if she fights him back). My soon to be ex-husband will finally get the mental health help he needs (I've been praying for that for a long time). I have a permanent protective order and the abuse by him is affirmed (it took 3 wives and an abused girlfriend for this to finally be acknowledged).

I am so thankful. I knew that God had everything already worked out long ago. I never imagined just how completely things would have been restored. Do any of us really know the power of prayer? I do. In spite of how everything looked so completely hopeless at times, I chose to trust God.

I remember praising Him in between the tears; reaching out for the Bible reading the Psalms over and over again; the song, "All your promises are true" constantly playing in my head; resisting the temptation to put my hands in the mess to do things the way I thought they should be done. Thank you, Father for giving the wisdom and discernment to move when you wanted me to move in the situation.

I am a living testimony to the fact that reading God's Word, prayer, and separating yourself from those who mean well but distract you from God's message increase your faith. I know walking down this path -- His path -- is the right path for me. Won't you try Him?

Last edited by Dountonia - Baptist Site; 11/11/08 02:36 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Dountonia - I am so happy for you!

One of the biggest gifts I think God give us is HOPE.

You are living proof of this.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Dountonia, I also am very happy for you.
You truly have been blessed.
Much luck to you

Rosie L
Dountonia, you are blessed! I am happy for you.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Thank you all so much. I am so thankful and so filled with joy. Hope you guys have a wonderful week.

Dountonia, I know all too well about being a victim of domestic violence and how they try and turn it around and push it all onto you..You are a true survivor..You figured you couldnt do it on your own and and ask God to help you..Thats what God truly wants from his children..I am so proud of you..Your story has made me feel so blessed..I have to continuously remind myself to Let Go and Let God..Thanks for sharing this wonderful blessing and keep up the good work hun..You are in my prayers..

Angels descending, bring from above,
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Thank you so much for your support. It always amazes me just how many women profess being survivors and how "common" this is among Believers. But, we survived to be a testimony to another woman that is going through the same thing we survived. We cannot be silent. Silence is the abusers best friend. Thank you for sharing and may God continue to bless you, keep you, and strengthening you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.