Page 1 of 2 1 2
#467482 11/11/08 11:37 AM
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
Does anybody else watch this show? I can't believe they killed off her husband. One of the things I really loved about the show was their relationship.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
joanj #467493 11/11/08 12:23 PM
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
I have watched this show since it's beginning. I have often asked why the story went there (?) and haven't always gotten an answer. In this case, I don't think her husband's character is leaving the show. I think he'll still be there each week, but on a different level. He'll probably be more understanding and more help now. It is too bad she just lost the baby, but that too is probably part of this storyline.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
GrannyH #467842 11/12/08 10:59 PM
S
S
The Ghost Whisperer is a really good show that has the potential to be great. The storyline for the pilot was very compelling and touching. I have watched Medium, but I prefer THe Ghost Whisperer primarily because of the fact that GW deals more with helping earthbound souls find their way to the other side and not about solving crimes. Jennifer Love Hewitt is a joy to watch and the rest of the cast seems to be well suited to their roles. The only problem I had was some of the dialog seemed too campy and a little rough around the edges, but that is common with pilots. I'm really looking forward to seeing more from this one.

Edited by management for TOS violations

Last edited by Jeanne Daigle; 11/17/08 02:52 PM.
snowman #468095 11/13/08 05:48 PM
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
Since they were talking about having a baby at least that won't happen now. I couldn't really see her having to line up a sitter before she could go off ghost chasing.

I did read on some forums that her husband will be around til at least Feb. Still, I liked him in the show and I really liked their relationship.

joanj #468851 11/16/08 02:42 PM
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
I think I'll hold my judgement for an episode or two, but this is starting to go from 'believable' to 'that can't really happen'. I know that MEDIUM was based on a real person, but I always thought GHOST could be. Now, I'm just confused.

GrannyH #468861 11/16/08 03:12 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I was saddened when they decided the husband should die. That leaves her so alone because he was one of the few who supported her and understood her. He will be back though as spirit to help her and I think the child they lost will also, only as an adult. I was also sad when they killed off her first partner in the antique shop, she was so pretty and such a good friend. They do not bring her back anymore as a spirit and she was good for the show. I think they eventually phase out the husband, too.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
I read on a forum that Jim would be around until about the February sweeps. I think it will be really sad when he is finally off.

joanj #485639 01/17/09 04:45 AM
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I like the show, but sometimes the storylines make my cry. The one where the orphanage burned down and only 1 kid got out and he felt guilty.........that one sticks out.

When he got the chance to talk to his old friends (through the GW)I sobbed like a baby...

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I agree GH is kind of sad sometimes. I usually tear up when I watch it. I hope they resolve the thing with her husband soon tho. Seems like her friend Delia is having a bigger part in the ghost adventures now, maybe because Jim will eventually leave.

I missed a lot of the series. I stopped watching it every week when her first friend/partner (in the shop) died. That was sad. Now, I am lost about what happened to her husband and who is this guy that looks like him and that the GW knows is her husband's soul.

I will have to start watching it again.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
I have continued to watch this show, although I was put-off as well when her partner was killed off (I don't remember her name, but the actress was Aisha Taylor). There have also been some ongoing story lines I can't follow. I don't think I will ever understand about her father (Is he alive, and was Gabriel really her brother). I also had a problem with the way she dressed for a long time. Was she just rolling out of bed or just getting into bed? She certainly didn't need to wear beach tops and tents bottoms. She looked as if she was trying to hide a pregnancy.

Anyway, I can follow this ongoing theme, I just don't like it. I will be sad to see the last episode with 'Jim'. I also miss the professor friend. (How is his own show doing? I haven't seen it.) Do you get the idea that the new friend, the counselor, and Delia may end up in a relationship?

Tiger
Tiger
I have to admit that I was incredibly upset when Jim died. And with how they brought him back. But I'm starting to get into it. When Sam's (new Jim body) girlfriend came into the picture I was ready to stop watching but things have worked out quickly and were not drawn out which is good. Things are looking like they are almost back on track. Time for some creepy ghost whispery stuff to happen.

M o e #493477 02/12/09 05:27 PM
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
This show is not following the story line that I invisioned at the beginning of the season. I really thought the new Jim would be some sort of go-between for the two worlds. His last episode must be getting close, and I do wonder how that will be done. I don't have any scenario in mind. I don't do very well second guessing these writers, but I'm be watching to see what they do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.