Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#466545 11/07/08 09:36 PM
Lynn_B Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I need to find a citrusy sort of fragrance for my mother (age 70). One of her favorites was always Love's "Lemon Soft." That was sort of a sweetish, lemony, soft scent if anyone remembers that.

Anyone know of anything similar on the modern fragrance market? I have allergies to a lot of perfumes and hate to just go counter sniffing.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
Citrus-y would be with Clinique's Happy. That is always the first one I think of. You can get it on line or in a store.

Dolce and Gabbana have one called Light Blue. There is a citron in the scent mix, as well as: granny smith apple, jasmine, amber, musk.....you may want to try that one.

Elizabeth Arden has a Green Tea Scent Spray - top notes are of Caraway, Rhubarb, Lemon, Orange Zest, and Bergamot.

Remember Jean Nate? I have seen this in stores here in Florida as well as on the internet. The notes in this one include lemon, bergamot,and lavender. There are others and research on the internet will give you everything else. With this, there are many products available for layering the fragrance. There is the spray, the body wash, lotion, powder, etc.

Victoria's Secret has a Privet Bloom fragrance that has lemon verbena, sea grass, rose and privet blossom in the scents for this perfume.

They also have a perfume that I tried and wasn't my type...care for....(citrus is not a good scent for me). It is called: Very Sexy Dare and it had bergamot, blood orange, pineapple juice, tamarind nectar in it.

Bath and Body Works has a Cool Citrus Basil that also comes in many fragranced forms, body splash, shower gel, lotion.....

This should get you started.........

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Lynn,
My daughter told me that Loves Lemon is still available. I used to love it, too. I think she said she saw it in a combo pack with Loves other old favorites. Maybe you could find it online.
Good Luck,

R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
Loves also had a Baby Soft that smelled like baby powder. When I was a kid in school - you just HAD to have it, along with Avon's Sweet Honesty or Mary Kay's Angelfire or Jovan's Musk.

Last edited by Robin - Fragrance Editor; 11/10/08 08:31 PM.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

Moderated by  Juliette-Fragrance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.