logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Hi all. Sorry if this ends up long.

My lmp was 7/22, and i got a BFP about 4 wks later, pretty early. At my 8 wk u/s they found out it was a blighted ovum and that I would miscarry. Three weeks later, on Oct. 9, this finally happened. I experienced excrutiating cramping and lots of bleeding and ended up going to the er because they thought i might be hemorraging. A few days later everything was fading away and I felt fine.

Then, two weeks (Oct 24) after my er visit, it all started up again, this time with pain 3 days before there was any blood. I thought it was all done. Anyway the doc put me on misoprostol to kind of finalize things. So I took that, along with my mini pharmacy of pain relievers and was rather sore for a few days afterward but didn't think anything of it. Everything was done now, I could once again return to my real life.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Nope. This past Mon (Nov 3) I started feeling a lot of pain again. I called the doc on tues and he said he thougnt i was fine. I'm sorry I don't understand how 4 weeks of this is fine. Nevertheless, I don't have insurance, so i took his word for it. This time was the worst, for pain and products of conception. I think it's tapering off again, hopefully for the last time.

Has anyone even heard of something like this? I heard they only take about 2 weeks. I'm a college student 2 mos. from graduating, that is if i can get my butt in gear. It just seems every time I start getting back to my life and getting caught up, it knocks me down again, and it's making it really mentally and emotionally difficult to handle this up and down, not to mention the physical effects it's had on me.

From the research I've done, this is not normal, but I don't know what to do. I can't afford a pointless doc visit, so if the doc says i'm ok, I'm inclined to believe him. My professors are starting to think i'm using the situation because it keeps coming back. I don't know what to do. Can anyone relate to this?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
lisamarieh,

I had to use misoprostol as well for a missed miscarriage, my bleeding was over in about a week. After about a week of nothing, I had a couple of days of bad cramping and a bit of spotting,but definitely nothing like you're describing.
A couple of things: 1) you don't mention if your doctor sent you for an ultrasound after the misoprostol, you're supposed to have one to make sure all the lining came away, or it continues to build and shed 2) if you are experiencing a fever with the pain, go to the doctor asap as it probably means infection which is a major concern (infection can also sometimes prolong the bleeding) 3) you also didn't mention if your doctor sent you for follow up blood work which should have been done to check that your hcg levels were returning to normal and to see if you are rh negative (if this wasn't done already), most doctors will prescribe a shot (RhoGam?) if you are rh negative to protect future pregnancies.
My advice: see another doctor for a second opinion. Take care of yourself and I hope everything works out.

L
OP Offline
L
Actually, that doctor did none of the above, but i did end up seeing another doctor yesterday who did and determined that there is still much left and my body isn't getting rid of it fast enough which does put me at high risk for infection. Anyway, i go in for a d&c tomorrow. I'm so relieved that all of this will finally be over. Thank you for the advice!

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.