logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
helen84 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi there, I had 2 pretty wierd dreams last night, but it seemed to have a few symbols in it. Here's a bit about myself before I launch into the dream. I am 24, chinese, and in the last year of my degree with a very promising career ahead of me. I am hoping to work in another country after I grad. I have recently started a long-term relationship with a man that has quite a ways to go in terms of his life and career. He is 26, he is very caring and likes to spend a lot of time with me but he knows that I sometimes may not be able to provide the attention. He's had a tough life (parents divorced and genetic health issues plus bad adolescent experiences. I am sometimes unsure of whether or not I want to continue our relationship (it's only been 2 months). To me, success and ambition is mainly driven by the want to be able to provide for my parents when they grow old and be able to take care of myself and my future family. There are some things about my boyfriend that do not sit on the same wavelength as mine yet (ie. family, friends, social life, etc.) but we like the time we have to ourselves. I am looking to settle down and start a family in the next 5 years but I don't know if my bf has the same views. However, he is very devoted and loyal to me. Ok, so here is my first dream:

My family and I are standing in a dark room (maybe kitchen) of my house. My dad is talking to this warrior-like man with a moustache in a very serious and confidential conversation. This man seems to have a lot of power. He then gets into this shelf in the kitchen and sits cross-legged in it like some imp or god. We light incense in silence and pray/worship to him before my family and I sit at the dinner table for dinner. There is a sense of fear all along, afraid that we will dissatisfy the warrior-guy in the shelf and fear for our life. He asks if my brother is at the table too, and we nod in silence (my brother is not actually there because he is running late). On the table, there is only plain rice on a plate plus some soy sauce. There are only a few candles and incense for us to see. We eat whatever is in front of us so as not to be opinionated about what we have to eat in front of the warrior-guy.

Ok, here is dream 2:
I am walking along a sidewalk along my neighbourhood on a sunny day and see a girl I recognize handing out candy for halloween. I realize I have to tell her something so I join the line-up for candy. I talk to her and leave with some candy. I see that there is a large pond next to her house, the pond is very clear and clean with very green grass around it. Her black cat is at the edge of the pond trying to catch fish with her paws. He tries to eat the fish he has caught but he puts more than he could swallow so the fish jump out of his mouth back into the pond. He starts to catch a really big fish and almost glides across the water to snatch the big fish (very vivid crisp nice colors). Then the pond and cat disappears and I am near an indoor pool and a little boy of about 5 years old comes up to me (away from his dad) because his glasses are fogged up and wanted me to wipe them. I wipe them up for him. He was very very cute and adorable. I lead him around the facility and played with him a bit. He then needed to use the washroom. I lead him into this room that looked like a huge ensuite of some sort and found the toilet for him and closed the door for him.

That's it. Any idea what this all might mean?? Thank you so so much for reading!! Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Helen, I do not have to tell you that you are an extremely intelligent and an intuitive person cuz you already know that!! The two dreams speak deeply especially the first but an interesting thing is that the paragraph you posted even before the first dream is the key. You have already answered your question. The answer is found in your questions. Trust your gut !! I hope that this helps you !!!!

H
helen84 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thank you ancientflaxman, I have followed and recorded my dreams for a while now. However, I still struggle to interpret my dreams fully and have difficulty understanding some symbols, especially during stressful times in my life.

I am unsure what the warrior-guy symbolized in my first dream. I am also curious to know about how the black cat/water/fish relate to me right now.

Thank you again!

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi Helen -

Great dreams btw!

While I was reading through your post, it felt to me the warrior-type guide/individual, plus the duality of the father figure represented athority, leadership, reverence, ect. This is just my interpretation. I feel as if these authority figures represent what is lacking in the current bf situation and how you may feel as far as the future goes if you were to continue on with it. The possibility of going without (rice only) - almost weighing the reverance of staying and seeing what the possibilities may be, layed out on the table for you and your family. The deception of the brother, that feels as if it represents not being true to yourself in completing this particular aspect in your life, which you are already projecting into the future. So, future asperations are in this dream as well, in reverence to your families provision.

The second dream seems to almost represent, clear thinking, presentation and the ability to follow through. I'm interpreting this dream, the same as if someone were coming to me for an interpretation.

i want to say, the little girl is you. Your higher self has something it needs to tell the younger less prepared self. What you have to tell yourself, presents itself in the clear, crisp, lake colors and pool, that follows. The cat which doesn't plan well in the beginning and acts on impulse which could be the bf or just your views in general, bites off more than it can chew and ends up losing anything substantial in going forward. With a second approach of not grasping at a bunch of different fish and losing them, the cat works more smoothely in setting its goal of acquiring the one very large and benefitial fish which he gets to claim and keep.

The little boy could represent your bf in that you may feel he still needs help in getting where he's going and seeing clearly what it's going to take to provide for himself and you for that matter, even though you are amply self-efficient.

You mention the motivations you have in career are in providing for you, your family to be as well as aging parents. I have to say, that is so wonderful you are thinking in terms of supporting your parents as they have supported you. That's the way it should be..I commend you smile

In marriage, however, that should be a joint venture. You should be able to lean on eachother to manifest goals. I think a part of you knows this and that is the symbolism you are seeing here. You're investing in your future. Hope this helps some.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 11/06/08 05:28 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
H
helen84 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi Elleise smile ,

Thank you so much for your elaborate and detailed response! I am very fascinated with how you interpreted my first dream because I recall reeling awkward about the content after I woke up, just didn't know what it meant. I knew the meaning behind it was quite deep as you have analyzed, but you have made it very clear. I agree with you about the authority figure, I am the oldest of my siblings and often seek someone with more responsibility/authority/status than I have or feel I have. I do imagine myself with a man with more responsibility and with quite a bit behind him and that is why I feel that my relationship now is somewhat "off".

I do agree with your interpretation about the cat and biting off more than I can chew, not waiting long enough to focus on my goal. Sometimes I feel this way when, oftentimes, there is pressure around me (family, relatives, culture) for me to get either married or to be in a long-term relationship. I cannot lie when I say that I sometimes feel that my relationship with my bf now is not what I ultimately want. Initially, I thought that if I stuck around with him I would eventually get the feeling of stability. But I am wrong. He is a wonderful guy, however. I treat him more as a dear friend. So back to the dream, I do find myself pushing too quickly to meet someone and get that "priority" over with. Yet, I don't allow myself the time to enjoy, learn about myself, and go for what I truly want. So thank you for that! I will be more aware of my feelings and actions from today on.

I most definitely agree that the little boy represents my bf. I always felt (but never acknowledged) that he was a little boy stuck in a man's body. There are many things that he does not have a good grasp of yet (eg. his spending habits, emotional/attention needs, understandings of the world outside his mind). I feel like a babysitter sometimes. But most of the time, we are enjoying each others' company, that is why I feel bad if I left. I feel that he has a lot more growing up to do and I need to keep moving forward with my life. I cannot hold his hand and guide him forever.

Thank you again Elleise! I am very grateful for your time and insight! It's been a while since I had such deep meaningful dreams. Yes, my ambition to provide for my family is quite big because I already find my parents not fit to work as hard as they did when I was young. They came to North America to give me a better life, so I think it is time I do my part for them! I know what to do now. grin

~Helen

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Well, you made my day Helen! I'm glad it helped.

There's nothing clairvoyant about this next part, it comes with some experience though. Anymore it seems people really are getting married later in life. I'm so glad you want to get to know yourself now, while you really can dedicate time and effort into your own experiences, wants and desires.

I posted on the Native American forum I think, that once upon a time I built a house from the outside in. It had all the conforming comforts a pressure home could have. But, I never once breathed in and out or lived as happily as I did when I finally came to the realization I was drowning out a great deal of life by supporting decisions that I simply felt obligated to continue.

I finally traded that house in for one with more internal comforts and haven't been more at peace with things or experiences that just naturally presented even more positive experiences and people for that matter.

No loving parent wants anything more for their children than for them to have more than they did, mentally, physically, spiritually, etc. And, it's just simply worth it's weight in gold, plus the absolute best wedding present a couple can give each other. Walking side by side with someone they know as deeply as they know themselves wink

I was really nice chatting w/you!

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
H
helen84 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I can completely see where you are coming from, Elleise! I'm glad you took action and not conform to what you thought was the norm. It takes a lot of courage to acknowledge and follow through with your needs.

Thank you for the insight again! You are a great inspiration and motivator! Hope to chat with you again!

~Helen

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.