#464237 10/29/08 06:56 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I can't wait to write an article all about web 3.0! smile

No one has really decided what exactly it's going to be, but it WILL be a game changer. As in, game over, start new game.

There are two ideas of how Web 3.0 will evolve:

1. It will be when, for example, Google wakes up. As in, artificial intelligence will run search engines. This could be many decades away...or it could just sorta happen one day.

2. Ever seen Minority Report and other futuristic movies where people interact with holographic screens using virtual reality tools (like VR gloves)? This would turn desktops and even laptops obsolete. We will be able to interact with the cyber world in our every day walking reality with such technology. The possibilities are endless. We might not even have to fly to see loved ones anymore - we can just interact with everyone and everything holographically.

There are other thoughts on what Web 3.0 might hold. But those would be real paradigm shifters.

Which do people think is more likely? Or do you have something else in mind?

Last edited by Jilly; 11/02/08 08:33 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly #464430 10/30/08 06:41 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Well, I'm sorry - I'd still want to hug my flesh and blood loved ones! Hey, maybe I'd have a whole row of seats to myself flying over the Atlantic! grin

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yeah, okay, i am with ya on the wanting to see and hug people. But just think how much easier conference attending will be. No flights, no taxis, we can sleep in our own beds!

Jilly #466134 11/06/08 06:40 AM
Shark
Shark
I like the application for business, but I agree with Susan on that one. Gotta hug some necks and tap some shoulders of family and friends.

F
F
I've actually been giving quite a bit of thought to the Holographic Universe theory as follows:

What if it is true, as some scientists are suggesting, that the universe is, in fact, a hologram? What does that make us, make of our minds, our consciousness, our lives? Depending on how you view the suggestion, your response to it will lie somewhere between alarm and excitement.

If alarmed, it is likely because you think being a holographic reality would imply that you are somehow less real, a sophisticated avatar at best, or a plaything of something beyond you, projecting you as a super sensory effect. To arrive at such conclusions is understandable, but what of the most exciting possibility that they also beg to suggest: that you are also an aspect of the consciousness that designed and created the holographic sensory self in the first place. Of course this begs the next question - why?

The essence of our life is experiential, a stream of consciousness that experiences itself through infinite variations of energetic vibration. For example, the physical body, a dense field of localised energy, is a highly sophisticated receiver and transmitter of energy, a sensory field that is designed with specificity in mind. The eye, for instance, is designed to sense and translate light vibration in a way that makes us visually aware and experientially conscious of three-dimensional space. Of course three-dimensional space is one kind of reality, and is the one we are most aware of, but we know too, it is not the only reality.

If our sensory apparatus were designed differently, our conscious experience of reality would differ also. We might be less localised, invisible to ourselves and to others, but no less aware, and no less able to create. As humans, we create to improve, enhance, and challenge our experience. It is a force within us that is quintessential to our nature and cannot be suppressed. It flows from the source of our consciousness as a means of expressing itself.

If the universe is in fact a holograph, then could it not be that the 3D holographic reality we are conscious of ourselves in, is a specifically created reality (created by some part of ourselves) for the purpose of our source - consciousness - to become amplified by experiencing itself multi-dimensionally through individuated points of conscious experience? Those individuated points, in this 3D instance, being us.

If so, is the transcendental follow through not obvious? That continued expansion of consciousness will inevitably result in individuated consciousness (us) to become coherent, making 'us' experientially conscious of ourselves as one, realising ourselves to be an infinitely expanding 'universal mind', unconfined by dimensional barriers. Just a thought!

Flynn
wink

Positive Mind States www.positivemindstates.com

flynn

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Jilly #934504 05/18/21 12:03 AM
R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
Web 3.0 is the third generation of internet services for websites and applications that will focus on using a machine-based understanding of data to provide a data-driven and semantic web. Web 3.0 has not yet been implemented, so there is no solid definition.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.