Print Thread
R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
grin I'm deleriously happy and I know that America is on the verge of something phenomenol!

What were you doing when you found out he won? Was you hosting a party or justquietly watching the TV at home?

What an awesome event for not only Black Americans, but for all Americans.

The raod ahead is not an easy one. But, together we can forge ahead, breaking even more new ground and changing the world forever!

What are you feeling? Has this changed anyhing in you? For me, it was like a long awaited cork popping! And I couldn't be more pleased.

Blessings,
Ruthe

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I'm an old white lady who voted for Obama, and I have been weeping tears of joy all day! At first all I could think of was that he is a Democrat, my party won and for the first time in decades my vote in Indiana has been counted, Halleluia! Then I realized that Obama is the culmination of Rev. King's dream; that a person would be judged by the content of his character and not the color of his skin. That has come to pass and I am SO proud of our country!
I can't imagine how this must feel to our African-American sisters. Eat it up, Ladies! Enjoy every minute!
Yes, he will not have an easy job with the mess he has inherited but with his intellect and pragmatism, not to mention his charisma, I have faith that he will be a great President.
With our support and prayers, of course.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd
grin What were you doing when you found out he won? Was you hosting a party or justquietly watching the TV at home?

What an awesome event for not only Black Americans, but for all Americans.

What are you feeling? Has this changed anyhing in you? For me, it was like a long awaited cork popping! And I couldn't be more pleased.

Blessings,
Ruthe

Hi, Ruthe. My family and I were watching all evening as the votes were counted. Somehow, at some point, I drifted off but as it got closer to the count needed, I woke up and just in time. In the next monumental minutes, my household threw their own party. We both, hubbie and I were so excited when the moment of our next president made himself known. We were trying to call up friends, and other family member but the doggone circuits were all busy. (So much for that idea)

Also, our daughter in college, called and was so elated simply because this was her first opportunity to vote (finally the legal age)and then the person for whom she voted, made a mark in history. Not soon to be forgotten.

We woke up our middle teenager (13) and only son (10) to give them a glimpse at this special time in the making. They were overjoyed especially considering all that we try and tell them and through documentaries or movies, show them about the struggles of African Americans. I couldn't hold back the tears. I just couldn't. Just seeing Jesse Jackson (despite the snide comments he made....hey, we all say ugliness at some point),made me think of all that he encountered to help Pres. B. Obama make it to this point.

If there is anything I would want everyone in this country to remember, is what others had to go through (struggles, prejudices, racism, injustices, tears, death and bloodshed) in order for this man to have become our next president. May we NEVER, EVER forget where we've come from. Thank you for you for presenting the question. Bye and stop by my forum sometime. Happy Harvest!

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Kimmie08
If there is anything I would want everyone in this country to remember, is what others had to go through (struggles, prejudices, racism, injustices, tears, death and bloodshed) in order for this man to have become our next president. May we NEVER, EVER forget where we've come from.

Yes I agree many of us in all races and class have had to struggle, the military especially. I know I never forget where I come from, actually to go off topic a little I am overly proud of it. My Mother is full blooded Portuguese, My Dad was Irish/English , my Mom and Dad met picking cotton in California (I was born there) and myself and my brothers and sisters are the first generation that did not work in the fields AND we all graduated High School, which I know may not be a big deal to some but it is to us. I am not a spring chicken, will be 49 this year, so again to get back on topic yes all of us have worked hard.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: CrochetQueen
If there is anything I would want everyone in this country to remember, is what others had to go through (struggles, prejudices, racism, injustices, tears, death and bloodshed) in order for this man to have become our next president. May we NEVER, EVER forget where we've come from.

Yes I agree many of us in all races and class have had to struggle, the military especially. I know I never forget where I come from, actually to go off topic a little I am overly proud of it. My Mother is full blooded Portuguese, My Dad was Irish/English , my Mom and Dad met picking cotton in California (I was born there) and myself and my brothers and sisters are the first generation that did not work in the fields AND we all graduated High School, which I know may not be a big deal to some but it is to us. I am not a spring chicken, will be 49 this year, so again to get back on topic yes all of us have worked hard.

Impressive. Thanks for sharing. It's good to see how others have worked together to make the United States of America. Happy harvest!

R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
Claybird, I couldn't agree more.

The road ahead is a heavy and harsh one. But I truly believe in my heart and spirit, that President-elect, Obama ( grin That just sounds so great to say!!!), is the right person, the right man for this position at this time.

I believe that if all those that voted for McCain, would stand up and come together, and accept what has occurred, we can go even further in healing this country.

Nothing, in my opinion, and from experience, is impossible for God!

Blessings,
Ruthe

R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
Kimmie, you are so right. And I am so happy that your daughter was able to vote. What an awesome feeling.

Two weeks before the election, I had stopped watching the news and election coverage. It was just, too, much! I knew in my heart that this was the season. I just felt it.

What I admired most was President Obama's attentiveness and how he ran his campaign. It showed me his character.

I also admired Senator's McCain's concession speech. It reminded me of the McCain that I admired before the campaigning begin.

We have come so far, and yet there is still further road to tread. However, the struggle often gets lighter when we decide to put our differences aside and work together.

Thank you for taking the time to answer! And, I definitely will be stopping by!

Blessings to you and yours!

R
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
R
Originally Posted By: CrochetQueen

You definitely have much to be proud of. What an awesome triumph! Thanks for sharing!

B
Shark
Shark
B
I stayed up just so I could watch his speech,

I think anyone that has every had to struggle in their life and face judgement whether it be based on their ethnicity, their upbringing, he's brought back hope and given people in general a reason to believe they can do anything they put their mind to.

I really really hope that you guys get universal healthcare, I think this is a dawning of a new day (or at least I'm hoping) where people will see past ethnicity and see character.

It seems you Americans are finally getting a president by the people FOR the people!

The president of Iran congratulated him, the last time that happened was over 20 years ago!!

I think he will bring a new level of consciousness just just to the Americans, but worldwide. my canadian two cents..which ain't worth much right now...

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Thank you for those kind words. Anastasia

Its a wonderful feeling to know that the rest of the world sees our new president in such a positive way of perception.

Moderated by  Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.