Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#465689 11/04/08 03:47 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Affirmations are a powerful way to change negative programming, combat complaining, and heal us body and soul!

Read my latest article on affirmations! Using Affirmations

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I need to make affirmations a daily part of my morning routine...........and then again at night before I drift off wouldn't hurt....

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

I agree that affirmations are very helpful for a lot of people. However, I found that they didn't produce the results I wanted because of a lot of subconscious beliefs that I needed to change. Although I still do some affirmations I've found it really really helpful to start reprogramming by underlying beliefs as well.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Have you seen Louise Hay's new movie "You Can Heal Your Life?" She really believes in affirmations and explains how to use them to change your life.

I wrote a review of this movie on my blog which you can find here

She has an affirmation kit also that I've been using. I has a booklet explaining about affirmations and how to use them and affirmation cards and such.

This is a great movie if you believe in affirmations and if you don't, it might change your mine.

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
I wrote a letter of acceptance to myself from a made-up editor and pinned it up on my bulletin board over a year ago. I did it to encourage myself to send out book manuscripts and short stories. It's still there over my workstation. I somewhat stopped sending out book manuscripts, however, shortly after posting it on my bulletin board I got accepted to write for Bellaonline and have since gotten a short story published. I strongly believe in self-affirmations.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I have found that if the affirmation isn't believable, then it won't work for me.

I've worked with affirmations to help undue old beliefs too, and where it can be tricky getting to the core, I have found success.

I also like to use the Emotional Freedom Technique (the tapping) with my affirmations. That is extraordinarly helpful.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Deb, what a fabulous idea!

I'm thinking about creating a job description for myself LOL!

Wanted, one talented writer!

Deanna Joseph

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Deanna, I've used EFT also with great success. I do my affirmations when I tap tho, instead of phrasing it in the (to me) negative way they have you do it.

I've watched Louise Hay's movie on affirmations too and she uses mostly the idea that we all need to love ourselves and others more.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Does anyone know how quickly affirmations work to change your subconscious mind?

I have a lot of negative self talk going on inside my head and I have to work constantly at reprogramming that tape!

Why is the tapping so much more effective than the affirmations alone?

Lori

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Lori,

I've had some affirmations work really fast -- others are still working smile I think it depends on what you are working on and how deeply rooted it is.

EFT works on the premise that we have energetic blocks. Saying what bugs us while tapping a specific point reverses the polarity of that energy flow, clearing the block.

I've never used the EFT while saying affirmations, I've just used it the traditional way.

I think the EFT works faster because it is physically removing an energetic block, where the affirmations are putting down new neural pathways in the brain.

But then again, I think it depends on what you are working on. I've had affirmations work to clear some things that the EFT didn't. :::shrug:::

Deanna Joseph

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.