Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
That is awesome Joan! That really is wonderful!

I agree completely - you need an affirmation you can bring yourself to believe in. Sometimes you can take baby steps along the path, encouraging yourself.

I might not be able to believe "I can run a marathon" but I can believe "I can go for short walks every day".

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I Love the I am lovable. I use I love life and life loves me back. Thats one of my favorites to start the day with.

Hi I realise I'm a bit late to enter this conversation but maybe it'll be useful anyway. I don't believe affirmations work very effectively while you've got negative self talk going on. The reason some affirmations work very quickly is because you absolutely believe them - and it's the belief that brings them into reality. When you've got negative self talk going on it completely undermines the belief that you're trying to establish with the affirmations. Using EFT straightens out the energy blocks that are caused by the negative self talk and the things that have happened to you in the past to build that negative belief. Then, once you're clear of the blocks the affirmations can take hold. I love to start each day with tapping while saying gratitude statements such as 'I'm grateful for my home and family'; 'I'm grateful for my health and abundance'. That gets me into a wonderfully positive frame of mind and I can follow up with the affirmations that are becoming true for me. Penny

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I definitely agree that negative self talk can affect very strongly how we feel about ourselves! I would definitely still keep saying affirmations though. I have heard from many friends that at first they wouldn't really believe the affirmations - but the more they say them, the more they become a daily habit, the more they seem to become believable. It's like eating liver every day. At first you might really hate it - but after a few weeks it's likely you at least sort of tolerate it smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
N
I have tried it a few times in my life and it does not work for me even when I truly believe it will.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.