Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
If you figure it takes 21 days to break a habit and create a new one, then it would take at least 21 days or more to change your thoughts from negative to positive, I would think. Many of us work for years on negative self-talk and it's hard to change it sometimes.

I think one very important thing about affirmations is persistence. Even if you don't see the result as soon as you'd like, don't give up on it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: DebCreativeEditor
I wrote a letter of acceptance to myself from a made-up editor and pinned it up on my bulletin board over a year ago. I did it to encourage myself to send out book manuscripts and short stories.

I love this idea! Sometimes I write little bios that I imagine will appear on the back cover of the self-help books I'll write in the future.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: Inspiration Deanna
I have found that if the affirmation isn't believable, then it won't work for me.

I definitely agree with this. In November 2007, I joined 43 Things and listed all of my goals.

At first I had over 25. I'd go back regularly to read the goals and say affirmations. Now a year later I'm down to 14 goals because most of them just didn't FEEL good when I went to affirm them. If the goal/affirmation doesn't feel good, I believe that it's my inner voice telling me that either the goal is not right for me, or that it's just not the time to be thinking about it.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That is an excellent point, Leah - sometimes we make goals that just aren't right for us. It's a very wise idea to review your goals and to see how they line up with your priorities, and think if they really are a goal we want to dedicate time to!

Working on the goal should feel just as good as meeting the goal would. For example, after many years of wanting one I finally bought myself a guitar last October. I love practicing it! I love playing it even though I'm not good yet. So even my "working to get better" time makes me happy smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
E
E
Affirmations can do wonders for you =)

Last edited by BellaOnline; 02/17/09 02:52 AM.
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I think you can take an affirmation that might feel false to you and turn it into something you can believe. You may not believe "I'm thin and rich" but you might believe "I eat healthy foods" and "I get lots of ideas to make money."

Whatever your goal is, you can break it down to smaller points that you CAN believe. Every positive step is another step toward achieving your goal.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I totally agree Healthy Mom! If an affirmation isn't believable... what can we do to make it so? smile

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I think an affirmation works well if you can feel it, rather than just think about it or parrot the words. Because it's the feeling element that has the attraction power - at least, that's when it's worked best for me.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Allan,

I totally agree! Every morning when I do my affirmations I feel so much better! And if I notice that I don't feel better, I know it's time to change my affirmation a bit.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

One example I have of adjusting the wording of an affirmation to make it feel good...
Almost a year ago, I was getting really tired of being alone and really wanted to be in love.
I tried an affirmation
"I have a beautiful partner who loves me"
it seemed soooo impossible for me that it hurt to say it. So, I adjusted to
"I am lovable."
That one felt pretty good, I am a good person and lots of people like me so I stuck with affirmations of that vein.
About 6 months ago I met a really nice guy... Today he tells me he loves me everytime I talk to him and showers me with statements of gratitude and appreciation.
Ding ding
I LOVE AFFIRMATIONS

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.