Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Betty6123, nigarnigar, vebuskeder, Ladybugz, LLTC
57300 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57300 Members
417 Forums
113264 Topics
803563 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 572
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 299
Jana - Creativity Editor 235
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 83
Nancy Roussy 59
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 55
Dorcie's 53
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#458691 - 10/12/08 03:41 PM Healthy Food List
Moss - Nutrition Host Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Loc: North Carolina
Here's a healthy food list and healthy eating guide to help you look younger, have more energy, slow down aging and stay well. Healthy Food List and Healthy Eating Guide

Add Healthy Food List to Twitter Add Healthy Food List to Facebook Add Healthy Food List to MySpace Add Healthy Food List to Del.icio.us Digg Healthy Food List Add Healthy Food List to Yahoo My Web Add Healthy Food List to Google Bookmarks Add Healthy Food List to Stumbleupon Add Healthy Food List to Reddit
#464702 - 10/31/08 07:56 AM Re: Healthy Food List [Re: Moss - Nutrition Host]
acaiberry Offline

Great list indeed. I wished it was more detailed for the beginners like us to know what these each item contain.

I am a huge fan of superfood, easicially Acai berry and drinking acai berry juice really works for me. As tiny as it is, the Acai berry seems to have a great many heart healthy benefits, and the secret that has been part of Amazon culture for thousands of years is slowly spreading to the rest of the world. The Acai berry is a rich source of antioxidant vitamins, protein, fiber and heart protecting fatty acids, and it has an important role to play in protecting our good health.

Edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu (03/08/11 03:01 AM)

Add Re: Healthy Food List to Twitter Add Re: Healthy Food List to Facebook Add Re: Healthy Food List to MySpace Add Re: Healthy Food List to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Healthy Food List Add Re: Healthy Food List to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Healthy Food List to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Healthy Food List to Stumbleupon Add Re: Healthy Food List to Reddit
#467930 - 11/13/08 11:18 AM Re: Healthy Food List [Re: acaiberry]
Dhani Offline

Hi Everyone! I have some information about Lecithin which I want to share with you guys.

(Lecithin is found in every living cell. Lecithin is a natural anti-oxidant and a powerful nutritional factor. Lecithin discovered in 1805 and mostly derived from common egg yolk or from naturally taking place phospholipids derived from soybeans. Lecithin helps to prevent arteriosclerosis, protects against cardiovascular disease, improves brain function, helps keep the liver and kidneys healthy, aids in thiamin and vitamin A absorption, and can even help to repair liver damage caused by alcoholism--this nutrient is essential to every living cell in the human body.)

Add Re: Healthy Food List to Twitter Add Re: Healthy Food List to Facebook Add Re: Healthy Food List to MySpace Add Re: Healthy Food List to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Healthy Food List Add Re: Healthy Food List to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Healthy Food List to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Healthy Food List to Stumbleupon Add Re: Healthy Food List to Reddit
#468086 - 11/13/08 09:18 PM Re: Healthy Food List [Re: Dhani]
Joan541 Offline
Gecko

Loc: Texas
Great list, Moss!

you mentioned a healthy diet lowering cholesterol. I heard that the sales of Lipitor are way down cuz people can't afford it. What do you know - a new study comes out that says even healthy people would benefit from statins as they can help prevent heart attacks and strokes.

Seems to me like they're just looking for a new market for their drugs.

I hope if people can't afford their cholesterol drugs they at least give the diet thing a try. I'll bet a lot of people rely on the drugs and never try to eat healthy to lower cholesterol.

#468502 - 11/15/08 08:16 AM Re: Healthy Food List [Re: Joan541]
Digidemo Offline
Amoeba

Loc: http://www.nubianblue.com/
A healthy diet includes adding vegetables and fruit every day. Vegetables like broccoli, green beans, leafy greens, zucchini, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, and tomatoes are low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Many studies have shown that eating plenty of vegetables is extremely healthy. Try to eat about 3 to 5 servings every day. Fruit is also a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. You should try to eat about 2 to 3 servings of fruit each day.

#468547 - 11/15/08 01:58 PM Re: Healthy Food List [Re: Digidemo]
BoomerGal Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
I belong to an organic food coop and when I have left over fruits and veggies, I juice them or freeze them for later.

These days it's important to use all the food we buy and not let it go to waste.

#517781 - 05/04/09 06:12 AM Re: Healthy Food List [Re: BoomerGal]
BBenamara Offline

I love Acai berries, They are good for overall health it's important to have a good nutrition.

Edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu (03/08/11 03:01 AM)

#626570 - 09/09/10 12:47 AM Re: Healthy Food List [Re: BoomerGal]
04mar29 Offline

Loc: Canada
[quote=BoomerGal]I belong to an organic food coop and when I have left over fruits and veggies, I juice them or freeze them for later. These days it's important to use all the food we buy and not let it go to waste. [/quote] That is so true. Frozen fruits and veggies are perfect for use in smoothies and baking.

#643186 - 11/18/10 02:21 PM Re: Healthy Food List [Re: Moss - Nutrition Host]
Rwbecca.Franks Offline

Hello friend,

I had checked your link and found more informative list for diet control, it also more useful for beginner. Health and fitness is typically affected by our entire body getting deprived aided by the essential nutrients to operate correctly.Balance nutrition is a must if you desire to lead an energetic and healthy lifestyle. Balance nutrition has helped everyone to achieve their weight loss success.

Thanks

Edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu (03/08/11 03:02 AM)

#662018 - 02/10/11 12:32 PM Re: Healthy Food List [Re: Rwbecca.Franks]
SKYELAW
Unregistered

all fruit and veg are good for us but are better made into juice if you have a juicer, smoothies help to curb the appetite and can be absorbed in the body better, bananas are one of my favourite healthy foods - containing a good source of potassium, anyway you look at it you never see a weak gorilla lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moss - Nutrition Host 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
New Post- Book Review "Lines in Vision"
by Bee - IrishCulture
Irish Culture
2 seconds ago
Introduction
by Betty6123
Women's Fashion
Today at 08:33 AM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 08:29 AM
Nurture Can Improve Cortical Thickness in ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 08:28 AM
First Letter-Last Letter
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 08:26 AM
Thin Sandwiches with Bold Taste
Sandwiches
Today at 08:25 AM
Sides du jour
Sandwiches
Today at 08:22 AM
What Did You Write Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Today at 08:10 AM
The Challenge of Aging Wine
by barrymarion
Wine
Today at 06:53 AM
Italian Pot Roast Over The Stove
by barrymarion
Italian Food
Today at 06:51 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Bee - IrishCulture, KAMI), 65 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.