logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
B
My besr friend had this done 6 yrs ago and delivered Bab yboy 4 years later, high risk pregnancy not to mention all the compications. Sle lost everything but one ovary, baby was healthy. Abd she knew it wasn't BC. She was one of the lucky ones> No one wants to mess with that. She was lucky

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
[color:#FF99FF] [/color] HELLO EVERYONE. I AM TERRIFIED !!!! I AM A 41 YR OLD FEMALE. I HJAVE BEEN HAVIND SEVERE PROBLEMS WITH MY PERIOD FOR THE LAST 2 YRS. NOW IT'S TO THE POINT THAT I CANT GO OUTSIDE WHEN IM ON MY PERIOD CAUSE IM SO TIRED AND IN PAIN. I WENT TO THE OBGYN 3 WEEKS AGO AND THE FIRST WEEK HE DID BLOOD WORK. THE NEXT WEEK I GOT THE RESULTS...MY HEMOGLOBIN IS 9.8 ( VERY LOW ) AND MY BONE MARROW IS VERY HIGH. THAT CONCERNED HIM. THEN HE DID THE ULTRA SOUND AND PAP. WENT BACK THE FOLLWING WEEK...GOT RESULTS...EVERYTHING SEEMED FINE, UTERUS WAS A 7 KINDA THICK HE SAID. THEN HE DID THE BIOPSY AND I GO TOM FOR THE RESULTS. HE'S BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE NOVASURE LIKE IT'S AN INSTANT MIRACLE.....BUT, IT COULD HAVE IT'S DRAWBACK HE SAYS. I'M SUPPOSED TO LET HIM KNOW TOM WHAT I WANT TO DO. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO !!!! I'VE READ THE GOOD AND BAD STILL CONFUSED. MY PERIOD ARE SO OUT OF WACK...NEVER KNOW WHEN ITS COMING HOW LONG ITS STAYING...THE CRAMPS..THE CLOTS...THE BLOATING...IM TIRED . I WANT TO FEEL BETTER NOT MAKE A PROBLEM WORSE...ANY ADVICE????

R
R
OH AND BTW....HAD MY TUBES TIED IN 89 HAVE 3 HEALTHY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN AND 4 BEAUTIFUL GRANDCHILDREN. NO MORE CHILDREN FOR ME. WOULD THAT HELP WITH THE NOVASURE PROCEEDURE ????

I had the NovaSure procedure 5 years ago. My periods stopped completely except for the ocasional spotting. About a year ago I started having regular periods monthly, they only last a couple of days but I'm trying to understand why this is happening. I only told my doctor about this a couple of weeks ago and she did some testing to try to figure out the problem and was unsuccessful due to the scaring in my uterus from the NovaSure. She wants me to go ahead and get a hysterectomy but I'm not a big fan of that idea...Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you handle it??

W
W
I had Novasure (with tubal) in Oct 2009. I bleed for 6 weeks after and had about 6 months of relief. Then I started with spotting & pain on the right side every 3 weeks. The pain got to be so bad I had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. Wish I had stuck with having the occasional D&C.

M
M
Hi I had Novasure 2 months ago. My first period after the procedure was lighter than prior to the procedure. I now have my 2nd period and it is heavier than the first one. Should I assume that the procedure didn't work? Did anyone have this happen, and then their period stopped?

C
C
Riseabove, if you're not planning on having anymore children, I would say have a hysterectomy and get it all over with. At least you won't have to do anything else. My doctor has asked me about doing the Novasure and after reading every response in regards to it, I will not be doing this. I will be getting a hysterectomy.

M
M
I had this procedure done about 20 months ago due to two years of lengthy and heavy monthly cycles and severe anemia. My PCP and GYN both highly recommended this procedure which I contemplated for about 6 months. While the procedure seems to have addressed my anemia, the results are not what I anticpated or what my gyn said was likely. My only research was based on what my gyn told me and what was in the brochure. Because my previous mentrual syptoms were mild (except amount of bleeding), I had not considered that the precedure would affect other symptoms afterwards. After initial surgery and recovery I continued to have a monthly cycle for more than a year with spotting in between. My doctor was not concerned and expressed that the procedure affects each patient differently. Over the last 4 or 5 months my cycle has been reduced to a couple of days of spotting and I thought my body had finally fully adjusted to the procedure. For the last two or three months, however, I have had increasingly severe cramping during menstruation and ovulation. No risk of pregnancy as I had a tubaligation 17 years ago with no complications. This month the pain was so excrutiating I ended up in the ER thinking it was another medical problem. The pain was on my right side, mid and lower abdomen,lower back and right thigh. The cramps felt like severe labor contractions. OTC meds did not even begin to relieve the pain. Blood tests and CT scans ruled out any infections or problems with hurnea, kidney, pancreas, ovaries, appendix and gall bladder. I was given an IV and pain meds in the hospital, which worked, then a script to go home with, which works better than OTC meds. I also have a normal cycle again this month. I have also experience unwanted weight gain. I will be contacting my doctor after the holiday to schedule a visit to address my concerns but am afraid I have undergone an irreversible procedure that created additional complications for the long term. Please consider all your options before undegoing this procedure.

V
VLo Offline
V
I'm scheduled for this procedure on Friday, 12/16/2011, and it is supposed to help with the heavy bleeding and severe cramping that at times feel like labor pains. Thank you for sharing your experiences because the pamphlet and gyn dr make it sound like it is a miracle procedure. I'm not so confident in this procedure now that I have read these testimonies. Does anyone know what other options there are besides a hysterectomy? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

L
L
VLo, I am scheduled for Wed, 12/14. I'm nervous about it too, but I guess its a better step than hysterectomy. I have endometriosois and have gone thru 2 laser surgeries and several medication trials which were terrible! I am nervous, but hopeful that this will help. Good luck to you! I will let you know how I do :)

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dr. Denise- Gynecology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.