Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#463535 10/27/08 01:16 PM
R
rodgshb Offline OP
OP Offline
R
My husband of 30 years was killed 1 month ago in a motorcycle accident. I miss him terribly. I'm home with a cold now and I don't think I can take much more of this emptyness. Going to work seemed to help last week, but now I am sick and had a bad weekend. I was never meant to live alone. Help.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yes, it will get better. Concentrate on all the great days and times you had together not the one day of his passing. Do something in his honor and keep it up.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
rod, i'm sorry for your loss, my 13yr old son was killed I understand your emptiness. And loneliness. its been 23years now that my son has died. I still miss him so much the holidays are so hard . I won't tell you that it gets easier or better with time but i can say with time we learn to handle it differently.
And welcome to the forum you will meet many nice people here.
Rosie

Rosie L
R
rodgshb Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you for the knid advice. I posted during a meltdown. Intectually I know things will get better, emotionally I will never recover. I have so much to look forward to. What breaks my heart is not sharing the things to come. A new granddaughter coming in a couple of weeks. Thank you again.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I honestly believe our loved ones who have crossed are never that far away if needed. I've had way too many experiences which confirm this for me. When I'm having a really bad day, I talk out loud to them and allow myself to cry until I'm done. Having a really good cry releases a lot of physical stress. Cry until the tears don't come anymore. I also sleep much better afterwards.

There are days when a stiff upper lip is necessary. But then there are days when you really need to let the grief just flow from you. Always focus on the good, but when things start building up, like the last few days, allow yourself a "bad" day or two, just to grieve. I think it really is physically and emotionally necessary. My thoughts are with you.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
HI,
I"m so sorry for your loss. I lost alot of family members & close friends. Never a spouse or child. I lost family members in very close time frames too. It's never easy to deal with. The above people gave you very good suggestions & thoughts about this. I agree with allowing yourself to grieve. Although things will never be the same as time goes on it will get better.

This just happened. I give you alot of credit for talking about this with us. you will always miss him. But you know deep down that he wants you to go on. It will take alot of time. Not that anyone can replace your dear husband, but the new grandaughter is a good part of your life for the future. Please let us know how you are doing. It does help to get it out & talk about it. Hugs, Prayers & support, Judy K. Chicago.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Hello,

I lost my husband in 2005. we were married 8 months when he died suddenly. Its been so hard especially around the holidays, he died December 16. There isnt a day that goes by I dont think about him.

I've been going to grieving classes and went to a workshop on how to get thru the holidays without our loved ones. It was great. I feel better and now Im feeling like im getting excited about the holidays. This is the first time since my husbands death in 2005, I'm able to get motivated. I moved into a one bedroom apartment from my sisters house, bought a new fake tree with lights. To me, this is a beginning sign of healing.

As far as crying, its ok to cry. It isnt a sign of weakness or failure, but a sign of strenght and recovering. There is no rule when grief should end but we know we have to move forward. The past was yesterday. It will never be the same again if you try to relive the past. Its important to try new things. Get some excercise, eat good and most of all, be good to yourself. Get involved with the community or find a new hobby. I know its hard doing this, but trust me, you'll feel better.

In my opinion, the question is... Will it ever get better, no, it doesnt get better, it just gets easier.

Happy Holidays,

Julie

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
HI,
I had to post again when I read the end of the above post. It can get better & easier. It will take some time. To Julie, if you have the opinion that it will not get better then it won't. Everyone else who lost someone said that it does get better. I think that is up to the indivdual who lost someone, if they want life to get better or not.
Julie you gave Rod alot of good suggestions. But to say that it wont' get better is in a way defeating the purpose of the good things you advised. Judy

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I have to apoligize for my negitive thoughts on if it ever get better. Honestly, I didnt mean to be so negitive. I know it will get better for me, but for me to say that was wrong on my half. I'm sorry.

Judy, you are right. It is up to the individual how we choose to live our lives if we want it to get better. Thank you for letting me see that :0)

Julie

Julie

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
HI,
No need to apologize. It is very hard to deal with. Every one has to go forward at their own pace. I hope that I was not too harsh either. I just wanted Rod to know that there is hope even when terrible things. happen. Thanks for your response. I wish you all the best too. The holiday times are hard enough for people. But when you loose someone you loved, it is very difficult. I want to wish everyone the best who is dealing with this & other things too. Judy K.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.