Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Shark
Shark
T
ok, my bad, that particular story, the child had not yet had a sex change... you get my point though.

Michelle
Sponsored Post Advertisement
OP Offline
And you can bet that if that same 22-year-old said, "Hey, my girlfriend is pregnant, but she's going to keep it and we're going to get married next month and move in together", everyone would think he was "stepping up" and doing the right thing. Kind of like what iandysgrl was saying earlier. Nobody questions it when someone in their 20s wants to have a baby. Such a double standard...

L
L
Michelle,
I have known this Doc for 43 years,it's not him.He spoke to my husband and told him this is the State you live in, Check Washington State Law. The Doctors cannot perform the surgery with out the Wife knowing her husband is doing this.It's more that she needs to be aware ,then the Surgery cannot go on.I'm sorry that I did not make that clear.I think I still am baffled by the fact, in other words,the doctor was protecting himself.I live in a Democratic state,Taxes are high,and my husband has to have his consent form signed by his wife, before he can have a vasectomy. Were not controlled. No!Were not!We just have to have everything become a fight.But atleast were spreading the wealth.No one has the right to tell another what to do with their body,but government can tell us what to do with our money.It's all making sence now.I'm on the wrong site.sorry to take this space to vent.

L
L
Michelle,
I have known this Doc for 43 years,it's not him.He spoke to my husband and told him this is the State you live in, Check Washington State Law. The Doctors cannot perform the surgery with out the Wife knowing her husband is doing this.It's more that she needs to be aware ,then the Surgery cannot go on.I'm sorry that I did not make that clear.I think I still am baffled by the fact, in other words,the doctor was protecting himself.I live in a Democratic state,Taxes are high,and my husband has to have his consent form signed by his wife, before he can have a vasectomy. Were not controlled. No!Were not!We just have to have everything become a fight.But atleast were spreading the wealth.No one has the right to tell another what to do with their body,but government can tell us what to do with our money.It's all making sence now.I'm on the wrong site.sorry to take this space to vent.

I
Amoeba
Amoeba
I
I'm surprised at how easy it was for my husband to get the vas because we live in Babyhood, USA. He is 28, and I came in for the consultation in case they needed me, and they didn't even seem to care if I was there or not. The doctor just asked us if we were sure, we said yes and knew it was permanment and everything, and if for some reason we did change our minds, we'd adopt. The dr said he was pleased with that answer, so set up the appointment. But then when he went in for the procedure, the actual doc that did it yapped to him for about 10 minutes trying to encourage him not to get it done. But my husband stood his ground. Another two weeks and we can send in our first sample. grin

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Wow, livetopaint, I'd say you have a right to vent!

It does seem crazy that underage girls do not have to get the permission of their parents to have a (somewhat) invasive surgery done to abort a fetus, but a grown man has to have a spouse's approval to have a surgery done that only requires a local anisthetic.

I can understand a doctor wanting to cover himself legally - but this honestly seems a point of contest between spouses. If a husband wants to get a vasectomy w/out informing his wife - then they have other problems in their marriage to deal with.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.