Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Gideon Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi John,
If it is all possible, have one of your kids or grandkids to keep your company.
It was extremely lonesome in the first few months. I had to request my kids to spend time with me; just staying beside me; talking; walking after each meal; continued to have family devotion by reading the Bible and praying together before bedtime etc.
My tears would sometimes rolled while I was driving to work or after work. At the moment, always thought of the wonderful days my late wife spent together in the hospital; her last few blessed months on earth. Did not know that men could cry so easily. I think I cried more after her passing as compared to all those past 50 years..ha..ha...Maybe could have kept my tears in a bottle as King David would have done so in Psalms.
I have confined my social needs to some of the church members and they have been very encouraging in remembering us in prayers.
After 3 or 4 months, I began to register with a Dating Agency and met up with some interesting divorcees, singles with different set of cares and concerns. They are also just as lonely as us but probably much more lesser, I think. They too have been very sympathetic with us as widows or widowers.
Just let your emotion run naturally, cry if need be and find someone to talk to. At least I have God to communicate daily and at anytime.
Keep on writing and share your thoughts. There are many others like us who could uplift one another. Cheers!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Gideon Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Time has passed by very quickly. Very soon looking forward to the 3rd Loving Anniversay Memory of my beloved wife in a few days time. Still miss her very...very.......much......

"Where are you my dear? Sleep tight and good night." These are the usual words expressed from my heart almost daily every night..

H
H
I am so sorry for your loss. Honoring Memories (HonoringMemories.org) is an online memorial organization which sets the standard for providing high quality, unique memorials to individuals and families empowering them find the needed way to remember and honor their loved ones. We strive to connect with, grieve with, laugh with, and uplift the lives of our customers. We value, above all, our ability to serve everyone who can benefit from our product. Our company has established a giving program focusing on the communities where we live and do business, and is concentrated in three major areas: research, development and patient care. Best Wishes.

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
sometimes it helps to ask aloud what your loved one would want you to be doing. then have quiet time. you'll be amazed at the result.

note: quiet time means no tv, phone, computer. maybe some low volume instrumental music. clear your brain. stop making lists, stop thinking. just "be" for 15 minutes. naps work, too!

Rev. Jaclin Meade Scott
Bereavement Editor
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.