Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hi Jason!

Equally I could spend time on your page, lots of great articles & information!

To answer your question, it�s really only when the ACV is taken by itself that it can have a negative effect on teeth enamel. When ACV is added to a salad dressing or your sorbet dessert it will actually adds in digestion and gets the entire metabolism working!... smile

Due to the acidity ACV should always be diluted with water or apple juice before drinking...If taken undiluted it can cause burning in the throat or contribute to enamel erosion.

Victoria Abreo
Editor - Alternative Medicine Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
Quick cure when you feel a cold coming on: 1/3 cup acv diluted with water (add lemon, honey, or using warm cider instead of water sounds like a great idea!, in the evening. I learned this from an old farmer in the town where I grew up, and I always get over colds quickly and easily.

Other uses: pour acv on a burn when it first occurs--of course, applying cold material (ice cubes--I've used frozen peas and corn when I run out of cubes) and aloe vera are also healing for burns. Switchel is a drink that farmers used to have out in the field during haying--it's acv, water, and some sugar and salt, which replaces electrolytes and cools the body when working in the hot sun.

All the tips about not letting it touch your teeth or adding other ingredients are great ideas! I'll try cinammon next time, too.

Shark
Shark
Thanks for the info. And nice stint into the regional uses of ACV. Really love the learning process of all the things God gave us to help build/rebuild health, well-being and wholeness.

N
N
What a great thread. Some really good info about ACV shared. Thanks!

J
J
I use Bragg ACV and after about two months it has helped lower my blood pressure and cholesterol back to normal. My cholesterol has gone from 240 to 165..blood pressure from 145/98 to 130/78. its not the most pleasant thing to drink, but with these results, it is definitely worth it.

I put 2 tbsp in a glass of water and add a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. I drink a glass in the morning before eating, then before lunch and again in the afternoon. I sometimes have it at night too, if I am tempted to eat too close to bedtime. It shuts off the cravings.

Jan

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
J
J
Many people take Apple Cider Vinegar tablets, or Red Wine Vinegar tablets without knowing what these products are doing for them. A large majority of the population suffer from reduced Hydrochloric Acid production in the digestive process. This condition is called Hypochlorhydria. Hydorchloric acid is only produced in the Stomach, by the Parietal cells. It is essential for the converion of nurients consumed. It is also responsible for the emulsification and sterilization of the food consumed. As you age the Parietal cells wane in their ability to produce Hydrochloric acid. This reduction in the pH causes incomplete converion and subsequently reduced absorption in the Small bowel. The normal treatment for Hypochlorhydria is Hydrochloric Acid tablets or capsules. The natural substitute for HCL tablets is the Apple Cider Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar tablets. Allergies, irregular stools, reflux, belching, bloating, gas, etc, are common symptoms of Hypochlorhydria. These symptoms are also common in people that are producing too much acid. It is important to have a pH test, or gastrogram before taking any type of medication for either Hypo or Hype.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Jay, I love Bragg products! If you go to their website, you can get free samples, which included tons of info when I got mine. They also have a nice email newsletter.

I ended up ordering some seasoning mixes from them but I do buy the ACV in the grocery store. I love it.

J
J
[quote=AltmedVictoria]Hi Victoria! Actually i have been drinking this for over 3 months now - 1/4 c apple cider vinegar with 2 liters of water and 1 squeezed lemon and honey to sweeten. I would drink this before breakfast and anytime i feel like drinking during the day. It has lowered my cholesterol count tremendously. Regards, Anonymous [/quote]

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
After many years of people swearing by apple cider vinegar with little research to back up the claims, there is a new Japanese study out that supports the weightloss and losing belly fat claims.

Hi, I became familiar with Apple Cider Vinegar during my search for natural acne cures. When I found so many uses for it I said Wooa! :) I had acne during teenage years and I said to myself that I could do nothing because of the hormonal imbalances during teenage. But the acne remained in adult years. I began to use ACV for a couple of weeks now to wash my face before bedtime. I can't tell yet if it does anything, but I will continue the treatment. I bought a cheap ACV from a grocery store - it just said that it was obtain through natural fermentation, but it was clear - without "the mother". One thing I read over and over was that a good ACV needs to have "the mother" and not be pasteurized, so next time I will buy a more expensive one :)

Last edited by Marius M; 10/14/09 06:07 PM.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  AltmedVictoria 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.