Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
"What" do you listen to and "When" do you listen to it?
Do you have "calming music" or "pick me up" music? Do you exercise to music?

Or are you the silent type that likes to listen to nothing but white noise so you can hear your own thoughts?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
H
Most often I listen to music in my car. Typically, I listen to Pop. However, I like almost evey type of music except Country & Western.

I listen to music in my house when anyone is practicing. My son has a band. There are drums and guitars everywhere.

And, of course, we are listening to music while we play RockBand.

Last edited by hoaxie; 10/21/08 12:46 AM.

"A question's richness can only be measured by the answers it evokes." ~ Me

"My atheism does not define me. I define my atheism." ~Me
I listen to music all day long. I have recently turned off the tv in the afternoon while I am at home and turned on some music. I find I get a lot more done and end up enjoying myself more.
I love acoustics, folk music... any well written song really. Among my favorite is Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Cat Stevens, the Beatles...

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
Music is part of our soul. I consider it to be like wallpaper on a computer screen -- the background to life. I've been teaching my three children about some classic musicians. We have a music class every time we get in the car, and focus on one musician for at least a week or so. I grab every CD I have on a particular musician, and then, while we hear the music, I tell the kids everything I know about each musician. So far, we've learned about Paul Simon, Simon and Garfunkel, the Beatles, the Who, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Diamond, Billy Joel, Harry Chapin, and more. We've also gotten into the classics, like Mozart and Vivaldi, and jazz greats like Benny Goodman. Of all the artists we've "studied" so far, they are able to identify them whenever they hear one of their songs. It's wonderful passing on our love of music, so that when they get older, our children will not only enjoy the music of their era, but will know and understand about the influence of music from other eras as well.

Tricia Krietzberg, Charity Editor
Charity Website
Charity Forum

S
Shark
Shark
S
Music..in our house we listen to it all. I love the country classics; doo wop and Barry White. I like the big band sound also. Just this weekend we went to a doo-wop week end in Wildwood, NJ. I also like the classics, and have different cds for different moods.
Sundancer
www.msgembroidery.com

Last edited by sundancer; 10/21/08 11:02 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
It would probably be easier for me to answer what I don't listen to, LOL! (country, BTW)

Music just so depends on my mood.

My kids get a kick out of my "car music". We've taken every CD we have in our house and downloaded them onto our computer in MP3 format. My car's CD player can play regular CDs or MP3s, so I sat at the comp one night and made my playlist. It has approximately 125 songs on it. Here's just a few of the artists and albums:

Matrix soundrack
Step It Up 2 soundtrack
Phantom of the Opera soundtrack
Prince
Queen
Steppenwolf
Blue Man Group
Evanescence
Nickleback
Enya
PussyCat Dolls
No Doubt
Pink
Linkin Park
Justin Timberlake
Yaaaaa - I know there's more, byut I can't think of everything right now!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I like KoKo Taylor, Shemekia Copeland, -- the blues. Love it!
Also love to listen to Ravi Shankar.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Everyone's input on music-listening habits have been great. I've enjoyed reading them all! What an eclectic mix, even with the same individuals. smile

I have different music for different moods and areas of my house.

My meditation/art room is stocked full of new age and meditation music. I also listen to classical piano or guitar music on the computer when I'm painting.

In my car I have a CD collection that I rotate back and forth in the player. I almost always keep the same 3 Prince's Greatest Hits CDs in the Player and rotate...
James Taylor
Christina Aguilera
Tori Amos
Joni Mitchell
Norah Jones
Seal
Gap Band
SOS Band
The Time
Greatest Funk Hits
Michael McDonald
Natalie Cole
Peter Gabriel
John Mayer
Santana

Then in the house by my stereo I have a huge collection of Jazz such as...
Pat Metheney
Fresh Aire
Earl Klugh
And soooooo many more that I couldn't begin to list.

But to be perfectly honest, I don't listen to music much during the day, but rather prefer silence unless I'm meditating and then oddly enough use a guided meditation tape. I mostly listen to music when I drive in the car.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 10/21/08 08:35 PM.
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
Calming music is folk and celtic for me.

Regular in my car music is the 70's station - it is what I grew up on.

Songs that make me feel energized are usually upbeat:
Little Willy
Happy Feet ("Down on the corner" one...not the penguins)
Spirit in the Sky
Celebration
Mony Mony

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

M
M
Newer Country music - Sugarland, Carrie Underwood, Toby Keith

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I like old Motown, too.

B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B

Whatever it is throw it at me!
I don't have one genra, I don't even have certain bands.
And I like to mix them up for a suprise, so that I'll be listening to louie Armstrong one song and the next song will be vocalise and the next will be Godsmack. I love the surprise and the mood change. Keeps me on my toes smile

I don't have background music on all the time, I listen when I'm in a certain mood. I listen in my car. I also don't watch TV... okay so I'm a little weird.
I like a lot of peace and quiet. I figure the reason for this was that everything was so hectic and chaotic during my marriage that I crave the quietness now. I open the windows and let the chimes and the crickets be the back ground noise.

I like going and listening to local bands and usually always buy their CD's. I can share the music which helps them and I get to hear someones elses thoughts and interpretations. We have a retros 60's coffee house near me and they have people come in about once or twice a month to perform in the corner with their acoustic guitars.

My favorite CD is a CD my cousin got for free when he test drove a car. He and his wife hated it and gave it to me telling me it sounded like something I would like. (Not sure what they meant by that smile
It is called "Coming Full Circle" it is a bit new age, but it has some African tribal music (think the lion king music), some native American music and some chanting monks on it. It is some of the most peaceful music I have experienced. I also bought a CD in a store on a reservation once called "Coyote Old Man". it was beautiful too.
it depends on what mood I am in. I go rock, alternative, Jazz when my soul is dancing. But the very best times are when I turn the lights down, light some candles, burn some incense and play some really nice calming funky music.

Bylen

Gecko
Gecko
I like Motown and 70s music when I exercise.

Riding in my car, I like to play stuff I can (try to) sing to espcially if I'm alone.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I like listening to classical, jazzy or new age type music when I'm doing creative stuff like painting, making jewelry, etc.

If I'm doing computer work --- I can listen to something more like rock, or even self improvement CD's going in the background. Just bought a digital radio, so I often listen to the "kids station" while on the computer. It's a lot of story reading and pop music.

Cheers all...

Affirmation CDs & Spiritual Gifts
http://www.positiveaffirmationsandaudiostories.co.uk

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Since I work in a hair salon, there is music and lots of chatter all day long. At home I listen to classical - instrumental only. I want calm music where I can have my own thaughts.

In the car I usually listen to Christian rock. It keeps me cheerful (and awake on long drives)

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Almost everything. The only genre that I dislike are country and jazz but I do like a few songs in those genres (not a lot). My favorite album is Batman Begins, my favorite group (also favorite artists) Rammstein, favorite male singer Eminem, favorite female singer Britney Spears and favorite composer is Hans Zimmer; that right there tells you all that I really like almost every genre smile.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Love Blues -- right now I've got it blaring. No neighbors complain as they're all blasting their own music. It's good to live in an artsy neighborhood!
In the car I have Sirius XM and love the 60's station as well as the 40's station. The 40's station reminds me of my Mom. When I was a kid and she was putting on her makeup in the bathroom, I'd sit on the toilet seat and sing along with her. smile

Last edited by daisybun; 04/20/15 11:53 AM.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I run the gamut, classical, Goth, rock and everything in between. The music I listen to depends on what I want to do at the time or what mood I'm in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.