logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek stares for a brief moment in shock, then bolts for the stairs to catch up with Larry and Ray.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Ray feels Larry start to run and hears his urges to keep up. "L-Larry! Slow down, I can't...I can't run that fast!!" She's trying not to stumble, but failing. "Sweetie, what's wrong?!" Her voice is now into "panic" level. She is also quite a bit disoriented.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Larry reluctantly slows down when he realizes he's practically dragging Ray along. He glances behind them, and doesn't see anything climbing up over the edge of the cliff.

"There's something in the water, Ray," he says, still moving toward the diner. "They must be doing genetics research at that tower, 'cause it looked like nothing natural. It got at least one of them city boys."

Gecko
Gecko
Ray frowns, "Oh, dear...Oh, Larry, don't worry, sweetie. I promise I'll protect you...you and Mike, both." She clings to his arm like a child clings to their parent. "How far away are we? I'll fix you some coffee when we get to the diner--I'll even make your favorite pie!"

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
Amoeba
Amoeba
[I'm assuming the thing in the water didn't yank Derek off the shore?]

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
[That's right. He'll have a chance to get to the stairs before it'll be ready to take notice of him. After that it depends on how long those tentacles are, and what John does.]

J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
In fear for his life John fires a couple of rounds at the tentacle that is going after him. Then starts to madly swim back to the shore. [At this point John is scared out of his mind but still remains focused also if the tentacle hasn't gotten to him he would be at the shore and runs fast as he can up the stairs]

Last edited by JRH; 10/27/08 04:43 PM.
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
John fires at the tentacle, his training taking over even in the midst of his terror. Both rounds hit right at the point to do the most damage, breaking off several feet of tentacle. The broken end spews noxious smelling fluid, and the rest of the tentacles pull under the surface (including the one holding Jack).

As John pulls himself out of the water and runs for the stairs, and Derek scrambles up the stairs, a few large rocks are tossed from the water at John. He manages to dodge them, while taking only a little damage from rock shards as they hit the rocky ground.

Both men make it up the stairs, and see Larry and Ray about halfway back to the diner, moving at a fast walk. By the time they catch up with the two locals, they're all nearly at the diner, breathless from their run.

Larry pauses at the edge of the parking lot to let the two men catch up. Just as he's about to say something to Derek and John, a light shines out of the tower, brightly lighting the area around the diner.

The group feels as if they're in a spotlight.

[I'll start a new thread for being back at the diner, feel free to use this one for any discussion that happens before they all go back into the diner.]

Gecko
Gecko
Ray's face turns from her normal, pretty smile to a troubled frown. She lets go of Larry's hand and drops to her knees, clutching her head. "Oh, Larry, what's going on!!" She's on the verge of tears. "Are we home yet?" Clearly, something is deeply troubling her. She rocks a little on her knees.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek's head snaps toward the tower as the light comes on. He shields his eyes with one arm, half staring at the tower, half looking for more tentacles. His voice sounds distant as he says, "No, I think we're a loooong way from home..."

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.