Print Thread
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Are you going the homemade or store bought costume route this Halloween?

I think homemade costumes offer more opportunities for kids to get involved and get creative.

My new article Homemade Halloween Costumes includes links to over 100 costume ideas.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I never allow the girls to buy costumes although we have had them given to us. Usually we try to find something we already have at home and come up with something from that.

View them here:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Stephanie-Divorce; 10/18/08 07:27 PM.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
[quote=OnlineServices]Are you going the homemade or store bought costume route this Halloween?

I think homemade costumes offer more opportunities for kids to get involved and get creative.

My new article [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Glad to see people are going the homemade route. There are so many opportunities to re-use items and be creative.

Pam, it sounds like you and your kids really have fun shopping thrift stores and coming up with ideas.

Gecko
Gecko
I like homemade because they are more comfortable. I can go wild with a pair of footed PJs, a glue gun and some hypoallergenic makeup. But, we usually end up with a few props like a fairy wand or something from the store to add to what I put together.

Did anybody see that precious tiger lily costume that they made on Martha Stewarts show the other night? It was so cute!

Parakeet
Parakeet
We had our church party tonight here are some pics:

BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Stephanie, those are some really fun photos. Looks like everyone had a great time at the party.

Parakeet
Parakeet
It was great fun. We didn't have to buy anything other than the white make up and the fake blood. We had everything else right here at home.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Last year both my husband and I were working and we put together some really great costumes -- I sewed his wizard costume from scratch as well as my ultra-gorgeous witch costume.
Now, I'm retired except for writing and musical gigs, so not as much money. So instead of buying new material for costumes, we traded for this year. I get to be the wizard -- he'll be the witch! Very few alterations because both costumes were loose to begin with.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.