logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
G
Goodness! I'm out of pocket for a bit and what have I missed? To a certain degree, I must defend Oktex, though at the same time agreeing that cool heads prevail and we must all stay as calm as we can. (Thanks Michelle!) What appears to have occurred in this particular thread is a just a forum manifestation of utter exasperation. America is unique. THE definition of a country being an island unto itself. We are bound by a Constitution that was not in any way, shape or form written for anyone or any reason other than to preserve the status quo of landed white gentry. So....what is good about that document is tainted by fact. It's been interpreted to the point of jello. Inasmuch as religion and politics, they're often one and the same. We try to pretend they're not, but they are...go check out the video at www.catholicvote.com. There is NOTHING more political than religion. Americans are pulled in all directions and MANY mourn lost days when you could be certain that it was not OK for men to have sex with little boys and little girls. When sitting presidents weren't sued for sexual harrassment and we didn't have to hear about stains on dresses. Do you believe the founders envisioned a day when a federal court would rule that Chinese Muslims detained for being enemies of the state would be ordered released into America based upon our own Constitution and the fact that no other country on the planet will take them? No. Did the founders envision a day of the Net? No. NAMBLA?? NO!! Wicca? Absolutely not, though it was consideration of the Salem witch trials which led to the 4th Amendment. What about pigs getting constitutional rights in Florida??? uh........no. Men marrying men? no. This evolution is scary to some, natural to others, it doesn't make anyone better or worse than anyone else, but it does breed frustration and ill feelings. And Brandi, I must disagree with you, references to God in the founding documents were in fact references to God as understood to be espoused by Judeo-Christianity. Not a "higher power." That is judicial interpretation, evolutionary lingo. Had they meant "higher power" they would have written that way. and Toddsgrrrl I am with you.....I'm nervous to even visit those sites for research purposes!!! in for a penny, in for a pound.....that those sites are even legal is amazing to me...... but we can't be punished for "bad thoughts" in this country!

Gina Cowley, Women's Issues Editor
Women's Issues
Sponsored Post Advertisement
O
oktex Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I have returned from the woodshed humbled by the experience of being reminded not to get overly involved in posts. For those whom I have offended by my expressions of political/social distress I do apologize. I�ll tread more softly should I again �need� to express myself in posts.

G
G
All's forgiven oktex. There's enough room in this sandbox for all of us. We just have to play nice!! Don't hesitate to come back should the "need" arise.

Women's Issues
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I agree with a lot of the comments here. I'm also getting an impression of a Sadam and Gamura (sp) type deal. I don't remember all of the details from CCD, but if I recall, there too was an anything goes type city, led to destruction.

It seems when an era, anywhere, like that is in the making, more and more shocking things would have to top one another, in order for a vast majority to feel anything more. That in itself would just seem to logically self-implode over time. I think there would also be others who just fall away from that movement/norm and adhere to just simple good naturedness, being as tried and true a person as they could under the conditions.

I still adhere to whatever I can find that's positive in detrimental situations, but speaking just from what I'm seeing right now that we're in expediting (we travel the country) a majority of people seem to be battling these things internally. I sense a great deal of more and more animosity, frustration and resentment building - like they are doing everything they can to hold back wanting to pummel just the next guy in line.

If it's appropriate I try to stike up a pleasant conversation and a bit of life seems to return to the surface, but if they go into detail, I have to say, I'm looking for the positive and I'm finding overall exasperation

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
G
G
Elleise: I say that all the time! Today in fact...America is the modern S and G. I'm tired. I'm young...but I'm tired of the constant madness. It's unique to America. I visited Sicily several years ago and watched a group of kids for TWO HOURS play hide and go seek with a Euro on a rock wall. No cell phones, gameboys, NOTHING. No running in to watch the tube. Just hide and seek. Small kids with the older ones. And all I kept thinking was where in the hell did we screw it up??? And it's getting worse. And my twelve year old son asked me "would things be easier if we had just all stayed under the sun where God put us...under the sun for the skin He gave us?" (then he said so we'd get along better and there would be less skin cancer) And I thought "out of the mouths of babes" then I told him, don't ever bring that up at school....and then I felt like [censored] for telling him not to bring that up at school. We're the most liberated non-liberated people on the planet!

Women's Issues
E
E
Man, what a thread - refreshing to find hearts open and spoken truly. I have never been political, never felt called to the work. But these days of historical and Biblical times, I am glued to happenings all over the world. What have we done wrong? you ask Gina. We need to regress instead of progress. We need to enact our own peaceful revolution for change, right where we are now. I know the title of the thread is 'You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet' and is more about morality. But in the end it is about love and tolerance and acceptance through and through. We are even being taught to look evil in the eye and respond with love. Hardest to do for most. I'm tired too, and am older than midlife by a bit, but not too much I hope - meaning I am only getting started and don't want to leave yet. But I am tired and concerned. Then I dig into my self and my own changes and I feel differently in the morning. Because you are so right - it is the small stuff. When Russia attacked Georgia, when we were holding our breath as hurricanes rocked our worlds -- my family brought it home to me. It was the small stuff. My dad's basement flooded and my daughter needed me too, and my dear friend's daughter's house burned down. I had to breathe and start taking a minute at a time. When I came out of the turmoil, I remembered to play with the dog, snuggle my pet skunks as long as they wanted, even it it meant a baby sling strapped on, see my daughter and granddaughter at least one a week... on and on.

Btw, I think you are a fabulous editor for the women's issues site, been reading and am amazed by your wisdom and self certainty. Anyway, I'm Essa. Hi all.
[font:Arial][/font][size:11pt][/size]

'The work in your life becomes one's final seduction.' Gooee in the novel A Breath Floats By: An Illusion for the Soul www.essabooks.com/20912/3401.html
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.