Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#459888 10/16/08 11:43 AM
B
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
B
Do you believe in reincarnation? Sometimes I do - sometimes I doubt it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I've had entirely too many unexplainable things happen to discount reincarnation. These have happened throughout my life and are too numerous to list. I was raised in the Southern Baptist Church, and as a teenager realized something in that doctrine/dogma was missing for me. I began to study other religions in the hopes of finding the missing part. When I learned of reincarnation it just seemed to click for me. Being well past the "Hellfire and Brimstone" sermons, it was logical a loving Creator would allow us to try again, if we didn't get our mission accomplished, or learn our lesson, the first time. It may well be that our souls have more than one mission to accomplish, more than one lesson to learn which may not be possible in just one life.

In my early 30's I attended my first Pow-Wow, and added another unexplainable experience to my growing list. Everything clicked into place in my heart and brain that night. I truly found my missing part. As I began to study my and my Mother's heritage, culture, and spirituality, the sense of "This Is It," grew even stronger.

Individualism is such a huge part of Native American spirituality, and was so liberating for me. I am allowed to include different and unique beliefs to my spiritually. Our beliefs are definitely molded and influenced by our life experiences. It seems completely illogical to deny a personal experience which is so thoroughly indicative of reincarnation, because it does not "fit" into the doctrine or beliefs of an organized religion's teachings. I consider a religion's doctrine/dogma to be a compilation of others' interpretation of sacred texts. Over the years, things have been both added and removed, but were always influenced by the life experiences, and possibly ulterior motives, of those doing the amending.

My problem is I haven't walked in their "moccasins," I wasn't privy to their heart, and may not share in their goals. While I may understand the logic they applied in establishing their doctrine or dogma, that doesn't negate the logic I apply to my life experiences.

Reincarnation is comforting in a way. To me, it exemplifies the sacred circle of Native American tradition, as well as, the concept of a loving Creator. My second chance may not come in this life, but I will get it, and if I'm not paying attention and learning my lessons, I may have to do several repeats. Life is precious and wonderful, but I still do my best in paying attention and learning my lessons, as to me it makes this life more useful. If, when I cross over, I find the concept of reincarnation to be merely the rationalization of a human brain, I will probably be dissapointed. But until then, it is one of those infinite possibilites I accept.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Originally Posted By: lcp012586
I've had entirely too many unexplainable things happen to discount reincarnation. These have happened throughout my life and are too numerous to list. I was raised in the Southern Baptist Church, and as a teenager realized something in that doctrine/dogma was missing for me. I began to study other religions in the hopes of finding the missing part. When I learned of reincarnation it just seemed to click for me. Being well past the "Hellfire and Brimstone" sermons, it was logical a loving Creator would allow us to try again, if we didn't get our mission accomplished, or learn our lesson, the first time. It may well be that our souls have more than one mission to accomplish, more than one lesson to learn which may not be possible in just one life.

Very well said, Icp. Thank you for sharing. I feel very much the same, for I, too, have had far too many experiences of past lives to not believe in reincarnation.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I absolutely believe in reincarnation. There are just too many variables for there not to be.

I remember when I was younger (like 8) I'd question my mom every Sunday about what they were teaching us in church. I said it just doesn't seem possible, there has to be more to it than people going to hell or some place that's not Heaven because they didn't sit in a church like we did. What about third world countries, war, or people who had an experinece that opened their reality and did not get the chance to pursue it or were too young to when they died?

I've had personal experiences where I'd get just lost in an era with enthusiasm and seemed to know etiquette, decor, recipes or dishes rather and would create them. There is also the dream factors where you have one of those "experiences" more so than a dream and it's vivid enough to go to a library and research fact you would not other wise have. it's particularily interesting when it has to do with so called lost civilizations, like Atlantis.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 10/18/08 04:03 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
Reba McIntyre recently came out and said she felt like she had been around before. I applaud her for being honest!!

I agree - my former supervisor is someone I have known before. I used to call her Audrey and I could not stop myself. My co-workers used to laugh. By the way, her real name is nowhere near "Audrey".

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

B
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
B
Years ago I was ill (my stomach), and a friend of mine recommended me to practice yoga. So I did, at first reluctantly, then I felt the benefits. This was the way I learned about reincarnation, and at that time everything seemed to click into place for my. There was - is - such a lot of logic in it.
With time doubts appeared: does reincarnation realy exist, or are we human beings just trying to comfort ourselves by saying there are more lives - not just one,and after this it's all over?

B
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
B
I was, and still I am, fascinated by hinduism.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
What are the views of Hinuism on reincarnation?

I have dreams where I am actually a person in another time, but in the dream it feels current.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
My initial exposure to belief in reincarnation came from studying the Bhuddist faith. A dear friend of mine visited Tibet for college studies last year and was amazed at the similarities with Native American cultures the Tibetans discussed with her. She was surprised to see Tibetans wearing Native American T-shirts and asked about it.

Whilte there, she emailed me a picture of her sitting in a group. I was amazed as one of the men could have passed for a cousin of mine. The physical similarities to Native Americans are quite striking. There are many spiritual similarities with Bhuddism as well. Kinda makes you wonder exactly what area in Asia we "Indians" actually migrated from.

Reincarnation is such an integral part of the Bhuddist belief system, yet it seems diminished, or no longer a part of Native American spirituality. My suspicion is this part may have been "rooted out" with the influx of Christianity. I've often thought what my choice would have been if presented the question become a Christian or Die.

Faced with this type of "Religious Conversion" I hope I would be strong enough to reply "It is a Good Day to Die."

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
With the things I've come to see and understand in this time, I would have no problem dying. It wouldn't be an end.

The "sound" of being Christian is just so appropo, but the actions, many and often times, behind it in general are just so contrary. To me, its the waking that is sleep. They'r just too afraid to afraid to say no to the stuff that doesn't make sense. There's an illusion you must abide by to go along w/the herds or feel as if you are the one that is unrealistic.

The most peace I've found is outside of mainstream. That's a place where left is left, right is right and where every breath of my energy actually finds/makes sense. Outside of this, you have the illusion out there as a whole, the person in front of you and the people associated with them that carry that illusion even farther. You cant but believe in reincarnation.

When I'm asleep but conscious, it seems there's a glimpse of where it is we go in between life and death - when we die, it's a place to me where we gain our ground enough to jump back into the pot.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.