Print Thread
#459021 10/13/08 03:27 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Hi y'all.

I have beem having my regular nightmares/flashbacks of when I was dateraped many years ago.

But the dream that has been happening more recently has me even more worried and anxious.

In these dream I am still forced to have sex, but I am enjoying it. It is like it is a turn-on for me to be raped.

I feel like I am losing my mind from these dreams. I wake up aroused and sick to my stomach at the same time. I'm shaking and am scared to go back to sleep (which is why y'all have been seeing me on the forums at all hours of the day and night)

What do these dreams mean? How do I stop them? Is there something wrong with me? frown

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Well i don't think there is something wrong, maybe you are just trying to tell yourself that you don't have worry about it anymore ; or it might just be that there is an issue in your current love life ?

You probably have focused too much in this incident and it has fed off your concern, it is time to let go. Talk about it with your husband - the dream i mean- maybe he can give a different perspective on the matter.

That on a quick thought but bare in mind that i am a man and for better or worse i can't really see the situation through your eyes.

Fool to the Queen of stories * Student of FuFu * Evil l5r GM
Male*Cute*Young Looking*Little Philosopher

"For the Queen of stories"

Shark
Shark
Michelle,

No, no, no, there is nothing wrong with you.

Dreams are tricky things and have tricky ways of working especially when they deal with those aspects of the unconscious that aren't integrated.

Sexual abuse of any kind takes years and years to integrate. I remember having dreams very similar to the ones you describe. I remember waking up wondering what the hell was wrong with me. Sometimes I even woke up feeling good from the dreams, with a peaceful feeling that stuck with me throughout the day and that disturbed me more than the actual dream did. I kept wondering what the hell was wrong with me that I felt comfortable after such a disturbing dream.

A therapist told me that it is possible that the dreams, disturbing as they were, were actually my mind's way of indicating that it was integrating the event itself. It wasn't symbolic of some secret enjoyment of the the event, but rather was symbolic of putting it to rest, of getting on with my life, of bringing it to light rather than pushing it away and repressing it.

Does this help in anyway?

Lux,

Shark
Shark
Oh, I forgot to ask, is this any kind of anniversary of the date rape?

A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Chelle, there is nothing wrong with you!!! In the dream or the spirit world spiritual relationships may appear to be sexual encounters when we awake. We meet new people all the time and with some we form a spiritual bond. It is just like hugging somebody in the natural. We are all changing daily and what may appear to be very disturbing when we awake my not be exactly as it happened in the dream. You are growing rapidly. That is what you have wanted because you are a diligent seeker.I know that this will probably sound kind of crazy but if you have such dreams and are frightened when you awake just calm down and then try to see the event in a different light. You may find out that what actually happens is not quite what you think. Dreaming is essential for good mental health. You are protected !!

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Yeah, we are coming up on the time of year when it happened.

I honestly don't remember the date - I've kind of blocked that, but it was around the time when the season was just starting to turn really cold. That was one of the reasons it happened. He had no heat in his place (it was out) and we were cuddling underneath a blanket.

Also, add in the fact that the whole family is still in counseling from my son's and daughter's traumatic events this summer - and we're just kind of raw is the best word I can think of.

Ancientflaxman - I appreciate your kind words, but I can't find anything positive in these dreams; just horror, pain, and nausea.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Dream interpretation is not literal, its spiritual. When you dream that someone that you love is dead and when you awake from it they are fine- does that mean that the person is actually dead just because you dreamed it? When you awaken from a dream that has put you in a bad situation and you realize that you are, upon awakening, just fine are you not glad that you are free from it? If you were not supposed to have such dreams you would not be having them!!! Seek the deeper meaning!! It is there.

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 11/01/08 07:07 PM.
#466724 11/08/08 03:50 PM
P
P
HI Michelle
Sorry about your daterape. I can understand where your coming from. I've been having similar dreams. but in my dreams I'm in darkness with a shodow person. They are scary and seems so real. I had a dream I woke up from sleeping and there was a shadow man on me. and I liked it. I think I had that dream because I feel like it was my fault. Is it possible that you felt like it's your fault. I thought about seeing someone about it. It's like I'm relieving my childhood all over again. I hope it's just part of the healing process. It's nice to know that you're not alone.

Peace
Patti

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.