logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
N
The Hap Shawl that you are going to make Llyn, sounds really kewl too. I'm excited to hear about your pattern and the progress you make. Shetland wool is one of my favorite breeds. Where did you get your Shetland wool? "The wool stash", does that mean the wool in your stash is a commercial yarn? Good idea to make a control card from that wool.

Nikki

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Hi Nikki,

Get a couple of good yarn catalogs, such as Patternworks and Woodland Woolworks and then you can look up a lot of info on different yarns. Woodland Woolworks is the best one as they list thw wpi on most many of their yarns. Patternworks doesn't give wpi but they do give yardage.

Once I get to the moebius pattern, I'm using something other than mohair. I love the look of mohair but simply can not wear it next to my skin.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
The Shetland roving all came from a vendor who was going out of business and was selling everything off. It's been in the stash for quite a while waiting for just the right project to come along.

I have 2 stashes, the commercial yarn stash and the fiber stash.
The commercial yarn stash goes back many, many years....heck, some of it is vintage now. The Shetland yarn in my stash is from Jaimeson & Smith, stuff I picked up when went to the Shetlands and left over from a sweater project.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
S
S
Your article on standard yarn sizes is quite interesting. It is different from the simplified ones we have been using, but I like the depth and scope of these yarn standards.
I also like the article "How Much Yarn Do I Need". I have to get page protectors for these articles because I know I will be using them a lot.
Anne Page

L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Hi Anne,
Glad you like the articles.
Have you decided on a project?

Llyn - Spinning Editor
N
N
Hi Anne,

I liked the article's too. I'm curious though, what are other people making? I think you said you are making socks. Is that right?

Nikki

E
E
Hi Llyn,

I made it! I have to go back and read your articles. It's a good thing I started spinning up some lace this last week then. I am spinning a commercial blend of silk, merino and alpaca, just wonderful for a shawl. Now that I've joined I'm going to have to start scrounging for a pattern. After spinning and plying I will dye this.

Wanda

L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Hi Wanda,
Glad you made it smile
Your fiber blend sounds lovely. What color are you planning on dyeing it?

Llyn - Spinning Editor
E
E
I think a nice light green, new leaves after winter kind of color would be nice. I think a gift for my Mom.

Wanda

S
S
I've recently purchased a blend of angora and wool to spin. Any spinning tips for a newby for this fiber blend? Also how do finish this fiber blend? Wet finish?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.