logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I'm a big believer in healing yourself from the inside, out, but I find that many people are comfortable with conventional medicine for their stomach problems.

What are your thoughts on leaning toward the cause of stomach and GI tract illnesses the natural way?

Shay

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I think no matter what the ailment, the best solution is to treat the cause and not the symptoms. There's so much that can be done with diet and even stress reducers like meditation and yoga.

Seems like people would almost rather rely on a pill to "fix" them when they have a health issue, rather than do some research and find out what would help heal the body.

You might smother a condition with medications but the condition itself is still there, plus medications are hard on the liver and have many side effects.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Yes, Green. This appears to be especially true with stomach conditions. Because there are so many pills available to make stomach pain "go away" many people think that they've got their issues under control. Little do they realize that steady use of most acid reflux medications not only mask the condition, but over time, make it worse.

My articles cover GI tract conditions, and stress the importance of getting to the root cause. Once the root cause is discovered, real healing can begin with natural methods. smile

Shay

Amoeba
Amoeba
Stomach and GI issues are all diet and stress related. Some of the worst foods you can consume are dairy products (even yogurt), caffeine, alcohol, wheat, corn, foods made with white flour and refined sugar, and sugar substitutes. This is what many people consume daily!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I find that too many people are too lazy and too afraid to eat properly, research what that means and question the "authority" of mainstream doctors.

When people hear that we are gluten, dairy, corn and soy-free, the first thing they do (after picking their jaw up off the floor) is gasp and ask "WHAT DO you eat?". I've come to responding with "Well, what do YOU eat?". They're dumbfounded for a minute and I repeat myself. I then go on to point out the healthier versions of what they are eating that are acceptable in our household.

There, there, honey... it's not so scary after all!

Heather DeGeorge
J
Koala
Koala
J
I agree. Most people don't want to give up the foods that bother their digestion or don't know how to find out which ones those are.

I use ginger or peppermint when I get indigestion and never need more than that. Ever since I stopped eating fried foods, now I can't eat ANY, even once in a while, or I pay for it.

Moderated by  Teresa - Holistic Health 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.