logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
Actually all I need is the recipe for Bomba, that wonderful soft fried dough that is the Italian version of Donuts, only 100 times better. Please share the recipe if you know it. Thanks! Susanne

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Never heard of Bomba alla crema...are you talking about fried dough that some call Pizza frit or are you referring to the fried dough that is made into little balls and then fried and stacked and drizzled with honey and then coated with nuts and sprinkles.

Here is one in Italian ...maybe you can get soemone to translate for you.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
tartapple, just want to welcome you to the forum, hoping someone comes along to give you the info you want, enjoy your stay here!
Rosie

Rosie L
S
Shark
Shark
S
Never heard of Bomba alla crema...I have not heard of it either.
But, I do love Pizza Frit. I am going to see what I can find out though.
Sundancer
www.msgembriodery.com

Shark
Shark
What you're looking for is Zeppole - Fried Pastries. Here is the recipe:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Gecko
Gecko
I really don't think it is the zeppole and there is such a recipe for bomba so my gut feeling thinks its not the zeppole as they are two not one. I have two recipes or zeppole and one is for st. josephs day with sweet ricotta filling the other is a Christmas one with anchioves.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Italian Donuts
Makes: 3 dozen

Ingredients
1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cooking oil for frying
Sifted powdered sugar or granulated sugar or cinnamon/sugar
Directions
1. In a large bowl beat ricotta cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat on low speed until just combined. Let batter stand for 30 minutes. Drop batter by well-rounded teaspoonfuls, four or five at a time, into deep hot fat (365 degree F). Cook 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove doughnuts with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter. Cool completely. Shake doughnuts in a bag with powdered sugar, granulated sugar, or cinnamon/sugar mixture. Makes 3 dozen.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: rdywenur
I really don't think it is the zeppole and there is such a recipe for bomba so my gut feeling thinks its not the zeppole as they are two not one. I have two recipes or zeppole and one is for st. josephs day with sweet ricotta filling the other is a Christmas one with anchioves.

What do you mean by "they are two not one"?

This is a Bign� di San Giuseppe recipe from Rome:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Paula Laurita
Italian Food Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Two seperate recipes...one is zeppole and the other is bomba

both are similar...fried etc but not the same with a different name. MHO

The original ques was for a doughnut recipe...thee is a video on you tube for a bomba and the photos of bomba are not the same as a zeppole.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks so much for the link. I think this is what I am looking for. Bomba is a pastry very much like Donuts, without the holes and a little larger. I have had it in Rome. There is a bakery that bakes it hot after midnight. People go there and choose their own filling. The baker takes a hot fresh Bomba and injects the filling in it and hand it to the costomers. Uuuuuh it is so yammie! I am going to try this and will let you know if this is it or not. Thanks again. You guys are the best! Susanne

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks daisybun! It has Riccota cheese in it. That makes me sooooooo sick. I am very thankful for your kind attention anyway. Susanne

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Thanks tartapple. Do you know the name of the bakery? I'll be in Rome in December and would love to try these.

Paula Laurita
Italian Food Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cinzia - Italian Food 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Bandana Essentials
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/29/24 05:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:37 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:26 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.