logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi All,

Here's a link to the latest Dreams article. I'm sticking with a Halloween theme and exploring ghosts in dreams:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
Hi Aisling:

My ghost dream is not a typical dream... I was the ghost.
No, it didn't cause fear or even apprehension. In fact it was peaceful and calming, but still a bit eerie. Probably only because it was a confusing dream.
I'm wearing a beautiful night gown, very feminine with embrodiary. I'm standing at the foot of my bed looking down at the bed. In the bed is me sleeping (the sleeping me). The feeling I have for "me" is affection and love. I watch as the sleeping me gets up and makes her way toward the door. She walks through me which is the first realization that I am not there... or that I am a ghost or not real. She leaves the room and soon returns. This time she stops beside me... it's almost as if she is sleep walking. I take off the beautiful nightgown and hand it to her and she puts it on, gets back into bed and goes back to sleep.
The dream seems to symbolize a feeling of "not being there or real". But I don't think that is the case because the "ghost me" was not powerless or weak... on the contrary she seemed to be a guardian or watcher or a protector of the sleeping me. Also the giving of the gown was as a gift or protection. Something I wanted her to have out of love for her.

It has to be the strangest dream I have ever had. But one that, even now when I think of it,is calming.

Bylen

J
J
I had a dream of ghost the other night. It was to real to me and when i woke up, i was still out of breath and still feel the chest pain. In the dream/nightmare, I could not see the ghost, because ghost was invisible. However, the ghost was pushing/forcing me down in the bed, I could not breath and I tried to call for help. When i opened my mouth, called for help, there was no voice coming out of my mouth, I tried to get up, but the ghost would still push me hard back down. I was screaming but had no voice. I told myself in my dream that i must keeping fighting to get out of the dream and woke up. I kept fighting then i woke up. I was terrified every awaken moment. I felt the pain on my chest and was still out my breath.

B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
Hi Jet:

This is night terrors.. not the same thing as nightmares. Do a search on it for more info. It can be a really terrifying experience.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Great article Aisling! I've had my deceased Grama visit me in my dreams, and she's always a person, not a ghost. Yet I've had a dream where I was dealing with an actual ghost, and it was quite frightening. What a difference in those dreams and the encounters LOL. My Grama's energy continues to be loving and supportive...

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Wow Bylen, this is a really interesting dream!

I think that you felt calmed by the dream is probably the most important point since your "ghost" self didn't scare you.

You mentioned that you felt that perhaps the dream symbolized not being all there. I wonder if the you that's not all there is your Self--the core Self as opposed to the ego self. It sounds to me like you may be trying to integrate that core Self to a higher degree and that may be what's giving you the sense of calm.

Lux,

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi JetG,

Yes, Bylen is correct. This is a something called "sleep paralysis" or the "Hag Syndrome." It's something that most people will experience at some time in their lives and it is most disconcerting.

Here's a link to an article I wrote on it:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Deanna,

My grandfather came to me in a dream right after he died.

I was really close to my grandfather and was living in Ireland when he died. The way he died was amazing. He was in the hospital on oxygen and my family, including my grandmother, were all there. At one point, he motioned for my grandmother to come over. When she got to his bedside he took off his mask, kissed her, and died. It was like he completely knew he was on his way out.

I was really upset by his death, not only because he had died, but because I hadn't an inkling that he was dying. I knew he was in the hospital and kind of thought he wouldn't leave, but I thought that as close as we were that I'd have some kind of feeling or dream or something if and when he did die. I had nothing. I felt guilty, like I'd missed something.

After his funeral, I had a dream that I was in his house. It was the strangest thing because he was definitely a person, not a ghost, just as you say about your Grama. I walked into the house and he was coming out of his bedroom, yawning and stretching, like he'd just woken up from a nap. Yet, I still knew he was dead. I ran to him and hugged him and told him how I was so upset about his dying and how I thought he'd just left me. He laughed and said something like, "You didn't think I'd leave without saying goodbye, did you?" I told him I thought that was precisely what had happened and he said something mysterious--something about how I had either forgotten or didn't realize how many things had to be done when you die and that's what he'd been busy doing. And there was some kind of limitation on his visit like someone mentioned in another forum. I asked if he was OK and he said he was and that everything was fine, but that he wouldn't be coming back. Again, there was something weird here, something about us being in different groups or something that precluded him from coming back to visit. Anyway, he said, he just wanted me to know that he loved me and everything was fine.

I have had people try to tell me that this dream was nothing but me trying to assuage my guilt for not being present when he died, but I know differently. The dream had an entirely different feeling and tone from most dreams I have and he himself had a different feeling. It really was more like a visitation than a dream.

Lux,

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.