logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
LEADAR1 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could possibly help?
I recently had the weirdest dream and am totally stumped as to what it means!

All I remember is waking up with the words "look between Golden Green and Grioch".

It was so compelling that as soon as I woke I wrote the words down. I've looked on the internet can't seem to find anything relevant.

Any help would be much appreciated - the words keep bugging me!

thank you so much,
regards,
Lea

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Hi LEADAR1,

I'll have to think on this a while but in the mean time let me ask if you are a poet or writer? There is a form of African (I think) poetry or poet that is similar--a griot. Wordplay is often employed in dreams using puns or words that sound like something else. What comes up for you in connotation with "Golden Green?"

Lux,

L
LEADAR1 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you for your response.
The only thing that I could think of was Golders Green in London? I went near there, years ago. but it does't relate to anything today at all, so I think it's something my "practical" brain thought of, rather than the subconscious one.

I've had dreams in the past that have come true (usually regarding family members) but this is the first time I've had one directed solely at me. It's as if I should be looking for something/someone between these two areas (and it is areas I think!)

More confusion! Oh well, if it was easy, I guess I would already know the answer!
thanks again!!!

L
LEADAR1 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Sorry, didn't reply re the writer question. I did some writing (or should that be wishful thinking!) years ago. It's always been one of those "I'll get back to it one day!" things.

Shark
Shark
Hi Leadar1,

You first response may not be a practical one at all. Sometimes the links to things aren't readily clear and the past may be much more relevant to the present than it appears. I've had dreams like that, dreams where something completely indecipherable appeared and a thought popped into my head that I thought was completely off. Later, someone would say something that would trigger the meaning that I had initially brushed off. When were you in England and why? Was the time particularly happy?

As for the writing, the dream really could be saying that it might be time to start making the wishful thinking a reality. We often put off writing either because we're so busy or out of belief that we "aren't good enough" (my own personal favorite reason for procrastinating) when the truth is, writing is pretty much like learning to play a musical instrument--you practice and get really good at it!

Have you ever heard of the book "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron? It's excellent for artists of all kinds to get past any kind of block. I used it with a lot of success.

Another thing that struck me about your dream. There are three G's in the phrase. I don't know if that has any significance, but it is pretty interesting.

And finally, it strikes me as interesting that the dream is asking you to look between two things. Could it maybe be a call for finding balance, for finding harmony between extremes, or asking for some kind of mediation between two parts of yourself?

Just some thoughts on this complex, perplexing dream!

Lux,

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A grioche is a type of red wine...

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
In the dictionary, what words are between golden, green and grioch? Do any of those words have significant meaning to you?

Take the three g's, the two o's, one L and an e = google

You could also try some anagrams to see what words you can make out of the three: golden,green, grioch

Last edited by Phyllis, BellaEd; 10/09/08 02:00 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I looked up grioch on a Yahoo search -- it defined grioch as a decaying or lean young deer.
But it struck me that if someone said to me 'between golden green and grioch' -- that those could be the name of two streets. Have you looked on a map?

Sheryl

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
L
LEADAR1 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
A big thank you to everyone on this. Gosh! A lot to process - some of it definately rings true.

I'm going to have a long think and see what I can come up with!

My mind keeps going back to this though and again, keep getting the idea that it's a place.

But thank you all again - you've been very kind!
regards,
Leadar

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.