Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#456086 09/30/08 07:08 PM
Ms.D Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Has anyone had ear candeling done? Did you feel a difference.

*Transitions*
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Ms.D #459732 10/15/08 11:56 PM
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
What exactly is ear candeling?

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I did ear candling a couple of years ago because a couple of good friends of mine were telling me what a difference it made in their health.

Ear candling is basically a long, hollow candle (it's paper or something dipped in wax and rolled into a narrow funnel shape). The teeny end goes in the ear, the other end is lit up (on fire, yes LOL) and the theory is that the fire causes a suction, pulling allergins and wax out of the ear and into the bottom end of the candle.

One of the girls I know who tried it had some pretty serious swimmer's ear, and it helped her so much! So I decided to be brave and try it!

A teeny bit of something fell into my ear and burned it. It was so painful! Earlier this year my allergist was looking in my ear and he says "you sure have a lot of wax in your ear." He pulled it out with some tweezer things. It was pretty big. And I'm pretty sure it was from the candling.

I found out later that you should have a professional do the candling. My friends do it to each other, and they are fine. But I have to admit, even though I still wholeheartedly believe in its benefits, I think that I would be too afraid to do it again, even if I had a health care professional do it.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
That is interesting, but I think I will pass. A few weeks ago I had that Vertigo stuff as I had water in my ear and I couldn't stand or sit up. Maybe I should have tried it then???

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

Shark
Shark
Ouch! Deanna. That was exactly what I was afraid of. I have heard of ear candling for a long time, but have been too chicken to try it. I guess I will pass on this one for now after reading your post. sick

I hope your ears feel ok now.

C.C. #459784 10/16/08 03:09 AM
Ms.D Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Wow. My ear has been fweeling stuffy for quite a while. I have tried some stuff here at home,but it didn't work. If your friend says she felt a difference, then it might be worth trying. I will go to a professional...don't want a fried ear. Thanks for the info!

*Transitions*
Ms.D #459859 10/16/08 10:20 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
HA HA... well I'm glad my experience could offer some insights. Though Robin, I'll bet, when used properly, that they would have been pretty helpful with the water in your ear.

Cara, my ear is much better now wink Though I tend to have a bit of ringing in that ear - I'm not sure if it was before or after the candling incident??

And Ms. D, I'd definitely try a professional wink And you can ask them ahead of time "ever burned anyone's inner ear??" HA HA HA!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

I used ear candles once before. Mostly just because some friends and I thought it sounded funny... the flame that comes off of it gets quite big I was also afraid that we were going to burn the house down...although I felt a little difference in my hearing, it was mostly just for fun. A little gross though to see the amount of ear wax it ends up with

Melylou #463194 10/26/08 10:53 AM
Hi...I saw this and just had to post too. My friend and I use to
do ear candeling. When we first started we practised on her husband.lol...He didn`t like it of course . We then did it to each other. I have to say it works great !! You use special candles that are made out of bees wax. We got a tine foil plate and made a hole in it to put the candle through just in case something fell off the candle. While the candle is burning you can hear what sounds like a train in your ear.Other than that there is nothing to it and it sure made a difference. I would sure get it done again. What is left in the candle is pretty gross !!

Ms.D Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I can't wait to book it. My ear feels stuffy, so I am booking an appointment asap!

*Transitions*
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  BB -Body Care 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.