Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#455266 09/27/08 11:19 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
My daughter is about to be in her 1st pageant at school.

They sent home a list of questions that they will be using for the interview portion.

Most of them made complete sense: "What role could you play in helping the elderly?" "What part of your future do you think education plays?"

And then we get the imaginative question. I thought it was so funny, I wanted to see how everybody here would answer it. (Promise dd won't use anyone's answers.) grin

Quote:
If I were a soda pop, I would be ___________ because_____

I said I would be a diet coke, because I drink so much of it, I figure my blood is 1/2 DC anyway!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
Good thing the questions are sent home in advance to give the girls a chance to think about them because I don't know that I would be able to come up with something on the spot while standing on stage, particularly "that" question. But young people have quicker minds (ha ha). In answering the question...

If I were a soda pop, I would be a Vernors because I could settle lots of people's stomachs when they are feeling ill and it's my goal in life to help people in any capacity I can. smile

Zebra
Zebra
Oh geez. It would have been better if they had asked "What animal" or "What tree" in my opinion. "Pop" is just too limited!

I'd refuse to answer if that were me, based on its ridiculousness. (And yeah, I would have probably said that as a youth. LOL!)

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Well, they actually did the interview portion in the rehearsal yesterday (the full pageant is next week).

And guess which question Jordan got?! grin

She answered that she would be a cherry coke, because it is sweet with a little bit of something different to give it extra personality. I was actually kind of proud of her for that one!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
Way to go Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OK - here's me bragging again! grin

Jordan didn't place, she got a terrible case of stage fright and kind of tried to hide in her dress when it was her turn to be on stage, lOl. But she was absolutely beautiful. Of course I am a little biased. laugh (Can y'all believe she's only 11?!?)

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Shark
Shark
She is tall for 11 and obviously very beautiful. Brag away Michelle! If I had a daughter this beautiful, I would be bragging too. grin

In terms of Soda Pop, I think I like to be 7-UP. It's comforting, and usually takes away people's stomach aches. It makes me feel good when I can help. smile

C.C. #462736 10/24/08 12:09 PM
S
Gecko
Gecko
S
Michelle, I can't believe Jordan is only 11! She is so tall and statuesque I guess as they say in the pageant world. Her dress makes her look like she's old enough to be going off to a high school prom along with the face of an angel. Mom's probably think, "Non so fast!" - right? Got plenty of time for growing up in the years to come. What a lovely little girl you have. You must be very proud. Thank you for sharing her picture and please tell Jordan she a "Super Star" on the Creativity Forum.

D
Shark
Shark
D
She is gorgeous. I would brag too! What a lovely dress. Is this the same daughter that shaved off her eyebrows?

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: dmichelle
She is gorgeous. I would brag too! What a lovely dress. Is this the same daughter that shaved off her eyebrows?

Yes! We actually went to Ulta to get her eyebrows waxed professionally for this, because she is very sensitive about the uni-brow thing (they get it naturally - I have it, so does my brother and my son). And the woman at the makeup counter remembered her from that time. She goes, "I am so glad to see you are letting US do it this time" LOL!

When we went shopping for her dress, Jordan really wanted a blue one - because that's her favorite color. So the sales woman brought out about 5 different blue dresses for her to try on. They were all lovely. But then she goes, "I know you want blue - but just humor me for a minute. I have a dress I want her to try." Then she brought out the lime green dress, it was very pretty on the hanger, but when Jordan put it on I was like - "OK - we've found it!"

I will definitely go back to that dress shop again - they really know what they are doing. Several girls in the pageant had dresses from them. They made sure that no-one in the pageant had anything that looked alike, and every dress suited each girl perfectly. It is called "Girly-Girl Boutique" in Buford, GA.

And thank you all for saying such sweet things about her. I know I was fishing for compliments, but it is nice to hear that I'm not just being a biased mom. grin

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.