Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I live in the UK and occasionally get Jehovah's Witnesses at the door here. I usually just tell them politely that I'm not interested, and they do go away. Maybe it's different in the UK though.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
Quoted:"I learned the hard way that if you are polite to JW's they keep coming back. So now I just flash my pentacle tattoo and they leave....permanently!"

I used to have an every-weekend issue with Mormons and JWs at my door. I realize that they believe what they are doing is right, but I feel violated to have my time and energies wasted with something I'm not inteested in. (I'd feel the same way about a cobra salesman -- just not interested, try next door.)

Luckily, my altar is set up in the living room, perfectly visible to anyone at the front door. The sight of Cernunnons the Horned God usually prompts a quick about-face. Problem solved.

Last edited by Raine Hill; 10/12/08 09:25 PM.

Author of "Growing up Pagan: A Workbook for Wiccan Families"

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Elephant
Elephant
I've had the same interaction as Gillian. I have asked that they not return and usually they listen. It was the out of towners who were either new to the area or didn't know better that showed up. On those, I would simply answer the door in a towel (that i conveniently grabbed on the way to the door) or my underwear. Seeing a fat man in his undies did the trick. They haven't really returned since then LOL

Now the Giddeons.. they are anoying

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Jase! You had me rolling on the floor with this one!!! HA HA HA!!!

The JWs don't bother me.... I had a really nice group stop by many years ago. They had a little boy about my boys age, and they played together. The mom asked me if we could talk about the bible. I said "sure!" Then I promptly asked her where the stories of Lucifer came from because I couldn't find them - and I thought that Satan was a whole different character indeed LOL! She said "are you mocking me?" I said "No, seriously, check it out" and I pointed to her bible. She flipped through it for a few moments and then looked at me and said "So, you said you homeschool your kids, right? How's that going?"

We then got into a discussion of homeschooling that lasted about 10 minutes and then she left. After that I'd see her and her family occasionally walking up our street. We'd always wave at each other, but she never came back to my home.

I recently had some come to our house (we haven't seen any in years and years) and I said "would you give me your blessing brother?"

As they can't, they told me to have a nice day and left.

I think all religions have their good points and their bad points. It just depends on what extreme someone takes it to. I think fundementalism in any religion takes the beauty away.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
LadyLvsNyt,

This is a sad and terrible story that's nothing short of a tragedy. I couldn't even finish reading it....

I have a cousin raised as a Christian Scientist who lost an eye because his parents refused medical treatment. He's still a CS that I know of.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
well Deanna it turned out as good as it could be for the mother and two brothers in that they were able to break free and leave. Of course they will always have a void there losing their brother, but they do not have to fear living under those conditions any more.
and yes I agree with you--it is the extremism that ruins the beauty (of anything).

Ravyn

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have glass panes around my front door...stuck inside the edges around the glass I have 3 upside down stars.. they are tin stars I had on the yule tree and just stuck them up there to see what would happen...I haven't had any show up.

As far as propaganda...my husband has gone so far as to write letters back to them about the rudeness of littering our house. He has also dropped off copies of Sam Harris' book "End of Faith" on churches doorsteps.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
We are on the local chapter's "Do Not Call" list. I had an extremely bad experience with a JW situation after hiring an employee that was a JW. I hired her at work then she in time found a way to have her girlfriend come over to my house and before I knew it I was studying with this woman. My husband warned her that she better not have intentions of converting me. She assured him she didn't. But several months later, they started using control tactics on me and wheeling me in. They told me my artwork was unchristian and should be destroyed - so I destroyed it. I threw away my cruxifices in the house. They then told me that God would send me messages. One afternoon I found a rolled up page from the book "The Exorcist" in a hole in my front lawn. They had me convinced at that point that I was demonized. I wrote a 7 page letter to the Catholic Church and at that point I was mad at my own religion. Then they told me it was time to divorce my husband because he wouldn't leave the Catholic Church. He threw the woman out of our house (not literally). After that I had a nervous breakdown at work and guess who got my job? Yep, my JW employee that I hired on a good reference from my husband.

One day when I was home someone came to the house and put a JW flyer on my door last year. I went into a state of rage and ran outside and clipped it under their windshield wiper.

I have complete respect for all people and all religions and I only ask that people respect me the same.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 10/27/08 09:45 PM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I knew a guy in the '60's that opened the door to the JW's and stood there naked aiming a bow and arrow at them while screaming, "Whaddaya Want??" at the top of his lungs.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.