Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
As some of you know I was raised in the Jehovah's Witness cult and left at age 34. Unless you have been "in" you really don't know what it is like to live that life. The next time JWs knock on your door and want to share the "good news" of a paradise earth and everlasting life with you, please do not encourage them. Instead ask them if they would let their child die rather than accept a blood transfusion. Ask them if someone decides to leave JWs will they be shunned and cut off from friends and family as if they are dead? Then turn them politely away and pray (or whatever you do) for them.

(Please read this former JW's story. Have some tissues handy.

Ruth's story:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I have Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on my door a lot. I get really frustrated because when i open the door they look at me like I'm from another planet, They actually say " your white" I tell them I'm sorry but i was born this way. I live in a housing project where it is 95% Hispanic. Every one of the JWs that come to my door is Spanish And they tell me they have NO English literature. (on they) Isn't religion about saving every one!
I'm sure its because of where i live, and their are JWs out there with English literature. I just don't answer the door any more ;(

Rosie L
B
B
When they come knocking, tell them the truth! The real truth is there is only one truth - Jesus Christ! No exceptions, no substitutes, no add ons. See if they truely seek God enough to hear His side. Always approach as Jesus did... in love.

Last edited by beccab; 10/07/08 02:14 AM.

becca

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Gal. 5:6
I
I
It has been a long time since I had any JW visitors. The last time they stopped by, I saw them coming and pulled out my salvation tract. They almost fell off the porch when I offered the tract to them. They said 'we can't accept that'. So how does that go? they want you to accept their lit but they don't want anything to do with any other religion? come to think on it - that may have been the last time they came? IL

irislily, welcome to the forum, we hope that you enjoy your stay!
Rosie

Rosie L
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
IrisLily,
What an awesome testimony! I never considered giving them tracks. JV are always in our neighborhood. I need to carry more tracks with me everywhere I go anyway.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
This is somewhat OT, but I wasn't sure where else to post it.

A genlteman that works with my husband (super nice guy) had a heart attck over the holidays. He is in critical condition in the hopsital.

Wherer the big problem comes in is that he and his wife are JW, and so refuse any type of blood transfusion.

In order for him not to have another heart attack, they have had to give him blood thinners, in order to make it easier for the blood to flow through. But he desperatley needs heart surgery, and they cannot do the surgery without having extra blood on hand for a transfusion.

Even without being on blood thinners, a typicla heart surgery takes 1 unit of donated blood to make up for loss during the surgery. Because of the blood thinners, they are thinking it would take at least 3 units. It would be suicidal (or homicidal) to open him up without extra blood on hand.

So, unless a miracle happens - this man is gong to die, and he does not need to. The medical technology is there and actually rather standard. I mean, it is major surgery, but it is one that is done on a fairly regular basis.

But because of the Jehovah's Witness belief against taking transfused blood - he may die. frown I just can't see this being God's will.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
JWs have had successful bloodless surgeries--but you have to find the surgeon who is capable of doing it right. JWs are allowed certain blood fractions now--not whole blood, and can use their own blood as long as it is never "stored" but is continuously flowing. Unnecessary complications to surgery from a ridiculous and flawed dogma. And you are correct--NOT God's Will.
I have known many who have died or sacrificed the lives of their children for this. And what about all those who died BEFORE they decided to allow blood fractions?

Ravyn

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
H
H
I joined this site today and am now reading this. My heart is broken reading this. I think people must understand that lots of religious organisations including the JW are nothing more than cults. I read where a Godly Christian pastor said. "Anything that controls you other than the Holy Spirit is witchcraft". I was once in a church where control was the order of the day. I am glad that you were able to leave. Manmade doctrines have nothing to do with God. I have vowed never to go down that road again where cultish obedience is part of any church. One of Christ's statements is that in the endtimes there will religious deception. Thank God I have learn over the years. I have told the JW a long time ago do not come at my door. People must start allowing God's word to be their guide. May God grant you the strength to serve him.

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
The last time I saw JWs, I was at my mother's house and my twins were about one month old. I hadn't showered, yet, even though it was 2 in the afternoon, because I hadn't slept much either, and my hair was in complete disarray. The look on these boys' faces was hilarious when I answered the door with one baby in my arms and the other was screaming his head off in a bouncy seat. When they asked me, "Would you like to know...blahblah" whatever they said, I didn't even hear it because of all the screaming. I just answered, "Sure, if you don't mind changing diapers." They just stood there silent for 10 seconds, so I bust out laughing and told them to go away. I would have welcomed them in and listened for hours if it meant free childcare. They were kind of sweet, though, because they offered to go to the store for me, but didn't want anything to do with caring for the babies. I guess it doesn't matter what religion you come from, noone likes to change poopy diapers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.