Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Shark
Shark
L
I wonder if the local kingdom halls "blacklist" certain addresses (like ours smile ). We used to get JW's calling years ago, but no more. I don't think a vigorous knowledge of Scripture and a readiness to 'give a reason' are things they're usually prepared to deal with.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Lee Ann, you can request to be put on the "do-Not-Call" List, altho it does not always work since they stopped letting the publishers use the territory cards anymore. But usually Bible arguments just encourage them because they are extremely competitive and arrogant. In fact the only thing that they are taught not to respond to are "apostates" like me who were once JWs and left.

RavynG

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
What is the best non-threatening way to "get through" to a JW who is starting to question?

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
The best non-threathening way to "get through" is to live an authentic Christian lifestyle that glorifies God. And, if this person is "questioning," answer his/her questions with the truth and wisdom of God's Word. I think if they are questionting the JW faith, it may be the Holy Spirit nudging him/her towards Christ. Our job is to be available to make the introduction and the Holy Spirit will "get through" to him/her.

I Corinthians 2:13-14 -- "When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit�s words to explain spiritual truths. But people who aren�t spiritual can�t receive these truths from God�s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can�t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means."

We are only the ones who throw the seed (the Word of God). God does the watering. Do you know the song "Fifteen" by Greg Long? The line goes "if it takes fifteen times to hear about Jesus, for someone to believe. Wherever I stand in line, I've got to make a difference incase it comes down to me. Cuz' I may be the third. May be the seventh. There may be years in between. But what if I'm 15? What if I'm 15?" Because we do not know where a person is with God or what God is doing in his/her life, we need to be ready to be a good witness and to speak God's wisdom.

I hope this helps a little.

Blessings.

Last edited by Dountonia - Baptist Site; 09/02/10 12:57 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Had to share this here.
I have a friend (pastor) who has an incrdible memory for scripture (and everything else) He loves to talk to non-Christians, Jehovah's Witeness, Mormons, etc. He is very patient.

When JW come to his door, he invites them in. When they show him scripture that proves their cause, he uses that scripture and others to show them where they are mistaken.

They eventually leave and stop coming to his house.

I have a son who's married to a J.W. she has 2 girls who also have been brough up as such, I am a Born Again Christian myself so his wife Paula doesn't bother with me, she did try to bluff me at first by telling me she was a Christian when he first met her, but I soon realized what she meant wasnt Christian at all. Since then I have read up on whatever material I can get to learn just what it is they believe and dont believe, I was very disturbed about all the things they disagree in comparsion to being a born again Christian. I pray for son Evan, as they had seperated a few times now, got divorced once and re-married again, then last time they split up another divorce was pending, but he went back again to her, but while he lived with us waiting on his 2nd divorce, he went along with me to a few of the meetings in our church were he heard the pure word of God for himself, and since returning to her, he has refused to go back to her J.W. meetings, as he did do every week, so praise the Lord God we serve that he has enlightened him enough to know to stay away from this cult, Hallelujah. Apparently, it is hard to get through to a J.W. anything about Christianity, or about what they are following is man made, a cult. I was speaking to a young lad, who is a Born again Christian also, in our church just tonight who said his Dad is also a J.W. and he just cannot get through to him about Christianity. I have never tried with my son's wife, I dare say it would be wasted breath. But we must pray for these people, Jesus died for everyone, no one is excluded, not even them.

Last edited by Maure/BornAgain Christian; 03/06/11 07:23 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Pray for her and for your grandchildren. Prayers are never wasted and niether is your breath if you are telling her the gospel of Jesus Christ and what it has done for you.

We are called to live it and tell it until the day He comes.

Last edited by Lynne Chapman; 03/16/11 11:52 AM.
Elephant
Elephant
You should start a new thread on this in Lisa's ethics forum. This would be a great discussion!! I took a medical ethics class and I believe that people should be entitled to refuse that care. That is their choice.

Maybe it seems wrong to you but I feel the same way they do and I was raised in a strict catholic home, attended catholic schools and graduated from a catholic univ. This is not strictly a JW issue. I know tons of people who feel this way and it has nothing to do with religion.

Start a new thread!!!! This would be an exciting debate.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.