logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have got to grips with my Vista now, and all is going smoothly so ..... that means I actually like it too. I have to say I usually don't need any other software though.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I adore Vista. I have it on both of my machines, my son has it, my dad has it. There are many great aspects to it. And with all the software I use - Quickbooks, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Elements, Word, Excel, FTP software etc. I haven't run into any issues.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
D
D
I am presently running Windows XP home edition. It works fine but I know some day I will have to move. I am contemplating going to one of the versions of Linux. Has anyone any advice or ideas concerning this plan?

datmann, welcome to the forum!

Rosie L
D
D
Hi Rosie: Thanks for the response. I noticed your location as Mass.; about as far from Calif. as you can get. As I mentioned in my original post I am running XP home edition and have been using it for about 4 years. So far everything is fine, however I have been concerned that one day I will have to move and don't want to have to make a snap decision when things go wrong. My computer is about five years old so I am considering getting a new one and trying one of the Linux versions on it for a couple of months to see if that is what I want. I am wondering if anyone in the forum has any advice concerning this plan of action.

I switched to Mac. I have Macbook pro and run XP in parallels for the few things I need windows for. It was a good move.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
When I purchased my new computer it came with VISTA. I feel comfortable using it and it has a few nice features. However, I think opening programs is slower than WP.

I switched last year (Feb 08). Both Wife and myself. Zero Major problems. Her machine I setup (I roll my own) with Dual Boot. Only one old game (No IPX in Vista 64) and Phone Software. I have found Vista great. I even made old game I love to Play from 1995 work (Master of Orion II). It's for Win95 and I had to get patch.

E8400, 1.5T HD, DVD, 8800GTS, 8g Ram, Vista Home Prem 64

Last edited by Dataman; 04/17/09 05:13 PM.

Dataman aka SteveD
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Hello, I am a new member who doesn't know how to add a photo to my profile. In ' edit profile, there is an add link to avitar or chose one of the existing avitars but no way to browse ones own computer and simply attach a photo. Am I missing something?

Zebra
Zebra
Patrico, you're not missing anything--you have to host the photo online somewhere else first. Facebook, Flickr or other photo-sharing sites are good places to do that for free. Then, you usually right click on your photo on the site to get to "properties" and somewhere there will be a url for the photo. It'll start with http. Highlight & copy that entire url and then paste it into the link space on the profile page.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Allison_PCAdvice 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.