logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#451195 09/10/08 03:59 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Recently my son bought me an induction cooker; it is easy use, convenient and clean. I like it very much; my neighbor bought the same one after she saw my cooking. So nice , I recommend this for you.he bought there www.go2better.com. it is a good online store.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Superwoman, I checked out that site and I read the explaination of what induction heat is, I'm still confused, can you explain to me? Also how much different is it from the convection oven? Thanks

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
S
OP Offline
S
Hi, marry
An induction cooker uses induction heating for cooking. A conducting pot is placed above an induction coil for the heating process to take place. This type of cooktop does not work with non-conductive cookware such as glass.

Induction cookers are faster and more energy-efficient than traditional cooktops. Additionally, the stove top does not become dangerously hot; however, skin can still be burned if it comes into contact with the inside of the pot. Also, the induction cooker does not warm the air around it as other cookers do.

Benefits

This form of flameless cooking has an edge over conventional gas flame and electric cookers as it provides rapid heating, vastly improved thermal efficiency, greater heat consistency, plus the same or greater degree of controllability as gas.

The amount of time that it takes a pot to boil depends on the power of the induction cooktop. Thus, the time can be from three minutes for 3600 watt induction stove tops, to around ten minutes for 1200 watt ones: much faster than conventional electric coil or radiant cookers.

Induction cookers are safer to use than conventional stoves because there are no open flames and the "element" itself reaches only the temperature of the cooking vessel; only the pan becomes hot. However, it must be remembered that pan was at 100 �C (212 �F) and in deep fat frying could be as hot as 200 �C (392 �F). Induction cookers are also easier to clean because the cooking surface is flat and smooth, even though it may have several zones of heating induction. In addition, food cannot burn onto the cooking surface as it is not hot.

Economic considerations

Induction cookers are considerably more expensive than traditional cookers, but consume half as much electricity as electric-resistance elements and are more efficient in heat transfer, achieving an absolute efficiency of 84% in US Dept of energy tests (compared to a typical 40% for a gas cooker). According to CEG Electric Glass Company, "[Induction cooking] power savings of 40-70% are realistically achievable in comparison to conventional cooktops." CEG Electric Glass Company also states induction cooking has an efficiency rate of 90%, while Electric and Gas have efficiency rates of less than 50%.There are, however, cheaper single-induction-zone cooktops available largely from Asian suppliers. This is due to Asia's more densely populated cities, therefore making this type of induction cooker popular where living space is at a premium. Single-zone induction cookers are not available in retail outlets in North America, but are widely available through online stores and auction sites; some induction hobs sell for as low as $60 USD in supermarkets

Common usage

Most induction cooking is done on stovetop units, which may be built into a countertop or may be a portable unit. In this style of cooking, the electromagnet is usually sealed beneath a heat-resisting glass-ceramic sheet that is easily cleaned. The pot is placed on the glass coating, and begins to heat up along with its contents. In Japan, a large percentage of rice cookers are powered by induction heating.

This new product will lead the cooktops in the future.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: mary-tea1
Superwoman, I checked out that site and I read the explaination of what induction heat is, I'm still confused, can you explain to me? Also how much different is it from the convection oven? Thanks

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Have you seen it, mary

S
OP Offline
S
If you think it is great, you should go there induction cooker induction cooker

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.