logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#449691 09/04/08 11:23 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I am a mother of 2 messy, but adorable, little boys. They certainly know how to make a mess of the house. One thing i have always been skeptical about is using cleaning products on the surfaces around the house, in case they came in contact with any chemicals. I know some of you may be in the same boat as me, so I just wanted to let everyone know my little secret: microfiber. Microfiber cleaning cloths don't require ANY cleaning solution. Just water! The fibers in the cloths are so fine that they pick up the bacteria and dirt instead of moving it around like a normal cotton cloth. At first I didn't believe it would actually work. How can just a cloth and water disinfect something? Well, the results definitely solved my confusion. My house has never looked cleaner since I started using microfiber cloths! I have found that the best cloths to use are by the brand "Power Threads." You can look them up online, or i believe their website is powerthreads.com. Anyway, what do you guys think? Has anyone else had the same great experience I have with Microfiber?? I encourage everyone to at least try it! You'll be hooked in no time!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
MicroMary #453292 09/17/08 10:32 PM
K
K
Hi -
I have a whole bunch of microfiber cloths and love them. The reason I have a whole bunch is that I don't like to use them more than once before washing in the washer (to disinfect) and I like to do a load of just the cloths. Sure cuts down on the number of paper towels we use and boy do they clean.

KathieVt

KathieVt #457981 10/09/08 09:57 AM
J
J
Hi,
I am a true believer in microfiber as well! Beware not all clothes are made the same. If you use a high quality microfiber there is no need for chemicals just the cloth and water. The house and the air quality in the house is so much cleaner. No more cleaning the oven or the shower stall and running away with your head stuck in your arm! The brand of cloth that I use actually has silver woven right into the fibers of the cloth. This means the cloth will not harbor the bacteria you have cleaned throughout the day and you can reuse the cloth a few times over saving you water on laundry in the long run. All in all these cloths are amazing saving you time, money and the environment! These clothes are a little more expensive than others on the market but they do come with a 60 day satisfaction guarantee as well as a 2 year warranty on their whole microfiber line! They can be found at www.reducechemicaluse.ca.

Joanne Champagne

Reduce the Amount of Chemicals you use on a daily basis!
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
J Champagne #458117 10/09/08 03:45 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I'll be honest--I haven't tried microfiber yet. I use regular cloth dishtowels and water (sometimes with a few drops of Thieves oil or lemon).

BUT... maybe I should test these out. wink

Heather DeGeorge

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.