Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#448460 08/30/08 03:37 PM
S
OP Offline
S
hey all, not one to post but i'll share my very recent story with ya'll...b/c I need to.

after trying for just 3 months, i found out i was pregnant on 8/10...i was four weeks. what a relief b/c i'm sure to some degree, many woman, like myself, have fears that once they're ready to have a baby, there just may be a chance they cannot conceive. i was sincerely fornuate that my husband & I were not that case. i had my 1st pre-natal scheduled for 9/5....but then just this past monday night, i started having pink discharge...then tuesday morning...it was brown, veiny and not right. i was feeling slight achiness and pains....i cried to my husband and said, i think i'm having a miscarriage....we went to the ER. After an internal/external ultrasound and exams, they concluded that my baby's heart beat per min (hbp) was only 84 and being 6wks pregnant, this was not enough to sustain life. they prescribed me pain meds for when I do have the m/c...how awful, right? being so high and happy....to just cutting everything off like the snap of a finger...just like that. terrible.

i was devasated. they were to have me back in two days for an hcg test to see if it increases. hope was still slightly there for me...although my husband believed that the hcg levels don't really mean nothing (as he spoke to a friend who is a ob/gyn doc...the doc said, screw the blood test, what matters is that you have a viable heart beat and every woman is different). so with that, we waited for two days to have our blood taken and looked forward to our new pre-natal appt. which was now 9/2. we were going w/ the screw the blood hope...we have a viable heart beat. that's life after all.

sorry for my long winded story but i need to do this.

okay..so sure as my intuition was...hcg went from 6500 to 6100.....the doc called and said in a nutshell that this is not sustainable for life. hcg levels always go up within 48-72 hrs in the first tri...never down. and i felt it....i knew it was just a matter of time. Oooh....and needless to say....i had one of the worst colds and ears infections ever....no meds...just trying to breath and get by with nadda. so on top of this news...i could barely breath and get by w/out sneezing every minute. and after trying to find a job for 5 months...i just landed a position w/ a great company. i've been working there for only 4 weeks and have now taken one week off. i feel terrible for them.

anyway, today...saturday....i miscarried. i went for a walk w/ my husband b/c i felt horrific pains...i felt i needed to walk to get things moving. sure enough, when we came home from our walk...i felt something wet...sat on the toilet and the largest clot ever came out of my body. i cried & cried...and sat on the toilet. minutes later, i cleaned up, put a fresh pad on...and within 1 minute, i felt this heavy thing come out of me...onto my pad. it was the placenta....i was 7 weeks. what an unbelievable terrible sad experience to have to go through. it was a clear balloon-ish looking thing...defintely the sac. i wouldn't wish this on anyone...to see this....to see something a strong loving couple created...it just sucks.

ahhh...how terrible of me to describe this w/ such detail but i'm so sorry.

my husband went for a walk....and i need to type.

hope is there. no doubt. things happen for a reason and i believe that. i have a loving man...an amazing supportive family...the coolest snuggle cat ever ;-) ....and we'll try again. it just blows right now.

but for all you ladies who have experienced this..or who are going through this, i recommend keeping your head up & reaching out and share your story. i feel better that i've got it out and look forward to the replies.

no doubt, i'm loving and yeah...a tree hugger @ heart...and know that all good & wonderful things in your life and mother nature, will help get you by.

PLUR.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Sweetpea, welcome to forum, hope you enjoy your stay.
"Rosie"

Rosie L
B
B
I appreciate your courage in sharing your story. I have had 2 miscarriages, July 13, 2006 and May 14, 2008. My first I was 13 weeks. This time I was almost 15 weeks and it happened at home. I got to hold the baby and I understand how horrible it all is. If that isn't bad enough,I almost bled to death at home and was rushed by ambulance to the hospital. It seems I didn't pass all the placenta and it was caught on my cervix. Basically, I was bleeding out. I would have died if we had not called 911. It is heart wrenching for me to read your story because I know what that kind of pain feels like. And although I don't know you, I will be praying for you. Know that God loves you and wants what is best for you as He wants whats best for me also. We'll never understand, but there is peace that is far better. Thank you for sharing.
becca

becca

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Gal. 5:6
B
B
Hi everybody,

I had a miscarriage this weekend. I was 11 weeks pregnant and it just happened. I don't know why, I keep going over everything I did during the first weeks, what I ate, where I went, what I wore, to see if maybe I had done something wrong which provoked the miscarriage to occur..., but I just can't seem to figure it out.

My husband and I have been planning for a baby,... we want to try again, but I am scared the same thing will happen...

does anybody have any advice..?

Beatriz, i'm so sorry to hear that. Don't blame youself. And welcome here to the forum. I'm sure others here will beable to give you words of comfort. My sister miscarried for her 1st pregancy but her 2nd went so right she had a son. much luck to you and your husband.

Rosie L
D
D
wow. you sound exactly like me/my story. i've never posted anything before and was doing a search for coping with miscarriage. your words: "hope is there. no doubt. things happen for a reason and i believe that. i have a loving man...an amazing supportive family...the coolest snuggle cat ever ;-) ....and we'll try again. it just blows right now. " is really what made me respond as it's like i'm reading my OWN words!
m/c just happened 2 weeks ago. i was 8+ weeks and it's my 3rd m/c, unfortunately. this one was by far the hardest, i guess cuz we wanted it sooooo bad and had hoped for the best as i had fibroid surgery this past April and other things since the last one happened and were truly hoping that having them removed would indeed be the answer to keeping the pregnancy.
anyway, thank you for your words. i'm rambling now but wanted to reach out.
debo

M
M
Hello everyone, I am new here. I have also just experienced a second miscarriage in the last three years. I started spotting four days ago, and yesterday it happened. I have very large fibroids and I believe this is the cause for my two miscarriages. Debo, you mentioned you have fibroid surgery before your pregnancy. What does your doctor say about the cause for your miscarriage? We had been trying to have a baby for the last three years and when I finally got a positive pregnancy test result I jumped up and down with joy. Now a week and a half later I am mourning the loss of our baby. I was five weeks pregnant, and going through this a second time is terrible!!

M
M
I do not know how I would get along without being able to read these forums. I have been reading ever since I found out...My husband and I were ready, started trying, and not even a month later found out I was pregnant. We were so excited, thinking of all the joy this time would bring. At my first appt, I was excitedly anticipating a picture to take and show my family...instead, my doctor told me there was no heartbeat and there definitely should be one at this point (about 6.4 wks). I was in shock. I remember not much after those words. That moment plays over and over in my head. Thank God my husband was there.

Like many of us, I need to get this all out...

She handed me a tissue and I remember holding it, but there were no tears, only shock. To go from being so so happy, to being confused, angry, shocked, I can't even think of the emotions to describe how I felt. Crushed.

I knew I wanted to let it pass naturally. I also scheduled another ultrasound for a week later...just to check. All the 'what ifs'...What if the baby is just slow to develop? What if they just couldnt see the heartbeat today?

I vowed to be strong over the course of that week. I cried a lot. Why? Nothing had changed at the next doctor appt. I told her I wanted my body to take care of this naturally.

Now, it has been 3 weeks today...I have an appt. next week. How long do I wait? I want to trust my body to take care of itself, it always has.

And now in the back of my mind is next time. Next time we try. We got pregnant so quickly, I have to believe that it will happen again. This pregnancy was just not meant to be. I think I am ok with that...crushed, but ok smile

But now, I just need to move on. I understand that when it passes it may be painful and tramatic from reading all your posts...but I am ready.

It helps immensly to know I am going through this with so many others. I hope you all find the strength (physically and emotionally) to get through this.

I know this was a long post, but I need to write...I've written poems, but this makes me feel less lonely. Even if no one reads it, I feel like I am not alone.

Last edited by michellie; 10/30/08 06:25 PM.
T
T
Hi,
I am new to this forum, but I could not help feeling extremely sad about what happen to you. I know its not an easy road, and I must admit that I never had one but I have friends family that had the similar experience. I know its even worst for those persons who already have kids. What I need you to do though is try to be strong. Ensure that you have someone around you the magority of the times as this will surely help.

For the best insight on how to get pregnant after 40 you can visit:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
A
A
I'm sorry for all of your losses. . .

I found this forum researching miscarriages after I had my D&C last week. My boyfriend and I were not trying to get pregnant, but when we found out we were, we were so excited. At my first ultra sound, the doc said she couldn't see a heartbeat. To make sure that the baby had stopped growing, I had to take blood tests and go back for 2 more ultra sounds. (things were slightly changing, but at the end of the third week, there was still no heartbeat)

I had a D&C the Friday after Thanksgiving. I went back to work that Sunday. I'm a hairdresser and I stand all day and work long hours, so about half way through my day, I had to go home. I felt [censored] and I was still loosing a lot of blood. Definitely give yourself time to rest if you have a physically demanding job.

It's been a week and I feel better physically, but emotionally, I bounce around from being really sad to just O.K.

I know this happens to a lot of women, and a lot of people don't really talk about it. I have found the best thing for me is to do just the opposite, and be open with people about what happened and how I'm feeling about it.

Good luck to you all grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.