Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
The biggest issue that came out of my divorce was and still is financial. I am in debt and without a job, barely able to pay my bills and keep my animals going, even with the small amount of alimony I get every month. I have sold off personal items just to keep afloat while looking for work in my transition period, but I have run out of things to sell. I have no medical insurance either, so I have to pay out of pocket for my doctor's visits, which have been every 6 months because of various issues.

The other issues stemming from my divorce are mostly emotional. I am devastated to be rejected by the man I considered my soulmate and whom I loved and supported for 19 years. I have been betrayed by him because he is with another woman now, happily married just one year after our divorce. I have been displaced in many ways....losing my husband and best friend, my home, my financial security, and for a while my dogs until he gave them to me finally, 10 months after the divorce.

I am lost and trying to find the true me again. At this point I don't know where I belong and I have battled depression for the past year over this divorce. I do not have contact with my ex-husband unless absolutely necessary, and that is pretty much never. Even with no contact I still can't get him out of my mind. He was the biggest part of my life for so long and I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that I won't be growing old with him, won't have the intelligent and thought-provoking conversations with him anymore, won't share laughs with him, and won't have the financial future he promised me after he went through eight years of school while I had to take vacations without him.

Two years after he said he wanted a divorce and moved out of our home to get away from me, I still feel intense pain. All I can do is take one day at a time and try to keep putting one foot in front of the other. It is not easy.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Cassie, thank you - I am looking into AZ alimony law right now.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
AZ alimony law

I don't know about this, really. I guess when you start filling out divorce forms this kind of stuff automatically comes up then?

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Jilly.....how is everything going with your divorce proceedings?

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.