Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
K
Do you think that Everything Happens For A Reason?

Everything happens for a reason � how many times have you heard someone make that statement? Why do relationships fail or disasters befall you? Psychotherapist Mira Kirshenbaum has answers in her book Everything Happens For A Reason.

Read my review and then let us know what you think - Do you think that Everything Happens For A Reason?

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
NO!

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I've decided that things happen, if for no other reason, so that I can share my experiences with others-and they don't feel so alone during timesnof trial and sorrow.

We have had some horrible things happen in our lives, that have really wanted to make me bury my head in the sand. Yet, 5 -10 years later, I have had the chance to share my experiences. I won't say that I've been ab;e to give people the "magic answer" to all problems, but i have been able to be an empathic ear, and say "I know what you are going through - this too will pass."

Ha! I'm not so sure I wouldn't change me life for the more peaceful one, but it has given me the opportunity to be a shoulder, an ear, and share my beliefs.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Amoeba
Amoeba
As a Christian, yes, I do believe that everything happens for a reason.

Stephanie K. Ferguson, Ph.D.
Adolescence Editor
BellaOnline Adolescence
R
RetroChick210
Unregistered
RetroChick210
Unregistered
R
Bad things happen so that we can learn from our mistakes. Period.

My 13yr old son was killed, what reason did that happen for?

Rosie L
T
T
I believe that everything happens for a reason.

Most of the good things that happen to me I put down to good luck & being in the right place at the right time. I think my life is map out & things happen to get me to the next place of my life.

I'm enjoying the journey & have no plans. Destiny will guide me to where I'm meant to be. It's worked for my whole life so far.

Even bad things end up leading to good things. I'm laughing my way to life

[url= http://www.relationshipatoz.com] RelationshipAtoZ [/url]

T
T
To say that everything happens for a reason suggests a belief in predestination. I don't believe that our path is laid out for us before we walk. I think life is made up of choices and choices lead to consequences..good or bad.
To me the idea that Skyhaven's 13 year old son's death was predestined , and that it happened for a reason, just sounds cruel. What reason can be given for the death of a child that will compensate for her loss? Even people who use the loss of a loved one to help others would tell you that the satisfaction they feel for helping does not compensate for the loss.
Just my thoughts, for what they are worth.

Shiny!
K
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
K
This is a very difficult question to answer isn't it? I think that most people think when good things happen, most of us give the credit to luck; but when bad things happen and we just can't comprehend why they happened there are generally only two responses to the question why did this happen - either there is no reason, or there is no reason that makes any sense except to believe that everything happens for a reason. I think that people search for answers all day, every day, and that's why we potentially grasp at this concept when we are searching for answers to help us cope.

Rosie, I'm so very sorry for your loss and know that there are no words anyone can say that will mend your broken heart but hope the support you receive in these forums helps you in some small way.

Thanks to everyone who has joined us and posted your answers, stop back if you have additional thoughts on this subject and share them. It's good to hear everyone's opinions on this topic. If you're reading this post, please let us know what you think - do you think that Everything Happens for a Reason like Psychotherapist Mira Kirshenbaum, the author of the book of the same title - or do you disagree?

Kate

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I do believe everything happens good or bad for a reason. But, I hate that answer.

In detail I beleive everything is a reaction (like energy) and can be traced back, obviously, to something else in a sense like cause and effect. I feel energy intersects, like we are all a bunch of cross stitches or something but attatched to each other and every reaction or event causes a certain type of gross energy, sometimes in bulk - like wars.

When something of nonsense seems to happen, like I had cross words with my daughter and she was in a car accident. I don't beleive that alone is cause and effect. I believe we come into this life with a set agenda and pass at a certain time in connection with our outline.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.