logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
We just miscarried about two weeks ago. My husband was very distant as it happened and shortly thereafter. I could not get any emotion other than anger and we yelled at each other the week following our miscarriage. He seems to feel like i didn't keep him informed, he was with me for two of the four doctor visits. He says he didn't know it was happening and when i did tell him the results of the last blood test and that we had lost the baby (dr called me at work and told me over the phone!), he felt like i moved on and was fine. Truth is I was staying strong for him, he is needy. I felt like i couldn't fall apart because what would happen to him. Finally all blew up yesterday and we are getting along better today. I feel resentment towards him for not being more comforting while i was physically going through this. We lost the baby at about 5-6 weeks, and i feel like i am ready to move on and ttc again. He isn't sure if he ever wants to. I am confused, hurt and lost. Please help.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
You both need some time. Two weeks is much too short a time to absorb what has happened to you and to move on. Be gentle with each other and try to let the past pain settle for a while. It will, but not right away.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I think sometimes husbands do this because they are so disconnected during the pregnancy process. Many men are to some degree jealous of their wives because they do not get to experience this miracle.

Then when something goes wrong, they want to blame somebody and for some crazy reason the mother often gets that blame, because she was the only one to have actual contact with the baby.

Grief can cause a type of temporary insanity. I'm not saying this to be funny, but as a literal stastement, especially for men. They have no idea what to do with their strong emotions - espcially ones like grief, because they are so often brought up to "be strong".

I know I am always touting counseling on here, but that is because it helps so often. Just having a 3rd person who is not emotionally invested to listen to you and help "organize" your thoughts can be extrememly helpful. These counselors often do not give you answers, but help you find the ones that you would come up with on your own- just more quickly and with less trial and error and pain.

I am sorry for both of your pain. This is not an easy time to go through for anyone, and it would be better if you could talk with your husband and find a way to support each other through this rather than grow apart.

Many hugs,
michelle

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
OP Offline
Thanks so much. You guys have helped me realize that i may be disconnecting myself and trying to move too quickly. He speaks before he thinks, and i panicked when he said he may not ever want to try again. I know he was probably just speaking emotionally and not with a lot of thought. Today has been better. thank you!

My husband didn't even want to try again after I suffered two... he was very hurt by my suffering, besides his own.

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.