Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#446137 08/21/08 02:59 PM
"Rosie" Offline OP
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Get this; Until 1969, a woman couldn't elect to have her tubes tied unless she fit a formula- her age multiplied by the number of children she'd delivered had to equal 120 or more, (What ever that means)
If you were 30 years old, you would have to have had four kids before a doctor would have agreed that you'd done your share of "women's work" and sterilized you, unless another pregnancy would pose a health risk.
But in 1970 tubal ligation got the green light for all and is now the leading method of birth control.

Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
I am not so sure about tubal ligation being a good option. I find women experiencing so much trouble after having their tubes tied. Although it is said there should be no hormonal decrease following ligations, it is exactly the opposite that happens. Many women go through severe menopausal symptoms and develop a range of different other symptoms like cyclic breast pain and alike.

To be honest, I can't think of a perfect birth control.

Hormones (the pills) will also mess you up (physically and emotionally) and IUD would cause cramping, spotting and low iron levels, tubal ligations - menopause, and you just can't get enough of condoms, can you?

I am by no means a judgmental pro-lifer, Good no, but if we look realistically....I am right smile

Any women out there felt comfortable with their birth control methods?

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
My sister had a tubal and got pregnant with her youngest child!

My husband had a vasectomy and that worked like a charm. smile

S
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
S
So true, Lori! I have known several families where child #3 or #4 was an "oops" post-vasectomy. Vasectomies take a few weeks to be final....there are still live sperm in there that take a few weeks to die off.

I've also known several women who had tubal ligations reversed successfully. I haven't known anybody whose ligation didn't work, however. I know those women are out there.

Even though it can be reversed successfully in many cases, tubal ligation should be considered permanent.

Stacy

Moderated by  Stacy - Conception 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.