Print Thread
#444249 08/14/08 09:36 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hi,
I recently received this request:

Help with figuring gauge..
Hi. I would like to knit with Lion's Brand Trellis. The pattern is from Bernat-same type of ribbon but impossible to knit with. So I'm trying to convert the Bernat pattern. The pattern gauge is 24 sts = 4 inches on 3.5 mm(US4) and 4 mm(US6) needles. On those needles my gauge is 24 sts = 3 inches. If I increase the needle size the garment would not look right because of the ratio of where the trellis falls in relation to the needle size and the stiches look funny So in order to preserve the look, I need to use the size needles the pattern dictates. Soooo--what should I do?

Does anyone have any insight, I'm on vacation without my usual resources and am having a bit of brain fade?

Thanks

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Well, there's the obvious solution: use the yarn called for in the pattern. While it may be the same type of yarn, that doesn't mean that the Lion Brand yarn is of the same grist as the Bernat yarn.

The other solution would be to rewrite the pattern for the gauge the Lion Brand yarn knits up at.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.