Next Thread
Print Thread
#445151 08/17/08 08:33 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
We've had so many unhappy topics around this forum lately, I thought it would be fun to brag about the GOOD things our husband's do.

For instance; my daughter went through a pretty traumatic experience this summer. At night she's very insecure and having nightmares, so she's been wanting to sleep with me.

My husband decided to sleep on our futon for the time being, because he said she needed me more right now.

His exact words were, "I can sleep anywhere, and sooner or later she'll feel safe enough to go back to her own room. This won't last forever."

I know that seems like a really small thing - but it's just the fact that he [i]thinks[/i[] of those small things without me even saying anything!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
That is very touching and hey, isn't caring for another person emotionally as well as physically, what a true union is all about?

Any other "good guy" stories other posters want to share?

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
My husband and I are remodeling the bathroom. A "simple job" of installing a bathtub and knocking out/oving an interior wall turned into a monstrous job of REBUILDING the entire back of the house from the foundation and exterior wall up.

My husband has been working 48 hours a week, trading his days off to go to prenatal appointments with me AND then coming home after working all day long and instead of sitting down and relaxing (well-deserved), he turns around and works on the bathroom until well after dark.

We don't QUITE have the sink plumbed yet but we DO have an amazingly wonderful new bathtub large enough to birth in, toilet, etc. He'll finish wiring the light and plumb the sink this week and then I can paint and put up the paneling and put down the floor.

What an amazing guy!

Angela <><

Angela England
E
Koala
Koala
E
My husband is a little uncomfortable with certain feminist concepts (eg, when I started writing for BellaOnline I had to reassure him that it wasn't a man-bashing site).

Recently I made a decision, after a lot of careful thought, that I needed to do something that is profoundly feminist in this day and age. I was very nervous about how to talk to him about it and whether he would agree - and a suitable compromise would've been quite difficult to achieve. He doesn't have time to read books, so I actually summarised a book on the subject for him and he read that. Then we talked it through and I went through my reasons for wanting to do this.

To my surprise, he was totally supportive. And not just paying lip-service to the idea... this weekend I took a book on the subject out of the library and while I was looking at some other books, he started flipping through this particular book. Then he said to me, "I don't think you want to take this book out. It's anti what you want to do."

It meant so much to me that he would look out for me like that, and that he really is so completely supportive of a principle that I know must be quite difficult to accept when so many men are conditioned to believe the complete opposite.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Parakeet
Parakeet
That's so sweet Elle!

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
HI,
My husband works alot of odd hours but he will do little things for me that add up. He will go for a walk with me everyday for our health even when he does not feel like it. He will also help out around here. He still compliments me here & there & we are together for 33 yrs. married. We also dated for 2 years before marriage.

He will also tell me that I am the best looking lady when we go somewhere. Now, I know that is not always true. But he thinks that & it makes me feel good. I was always slim but when I was ill for yrs. I gained around 30 lbs. I lost it all now. But he still complimented me when that happened. He even told me that I looked better with the weight! that meant alot to me when I was feeling bad.

We are there for each other through good & bad times. It was not always this way but it is now for years. Have a nice night, everyone. Judy K. Chicago.

Parakeet
Parakeet
You have a great guy there, Judy!

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Parakeet
Parakeet
I have so many things about my DH that I really cannot list them all. He is such a wonderful guy. We just got married May 23rd so we are still sickeningly and madly in love smile.

One thing I really appreciate is that he never makes fun of me when I cry at movies. (I really, cry, I mean hard) Instead he will touch my leg or something and later he never says one word about it. I appreciate that because my ex used to make horrible fun or even refuse to go to certain movies due to my crying.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Parakeet
Parakeet
Very loving. It is a strong and sensitive man who understands this emotional response we have to movies.

My story is this-My husband is very supportive of my writing career. He found the best computer for writers, looked up books that will help, and is understanding about my writing time. We have even formed a company for my work.

I know he is very interested in digital and computerized photography and I would like to help him pursue that soon.

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
HI,
It was nice to post about good things. Thanks to Michelle for starting this topic. I enjoyed reading all of the posts. Judy K.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.