logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gecko
Gecko
Wasn't there another case recently where a school principal left her child in the car with the same results? So, education or lack of may not be the only issue? Rsponsible behavior and common sense have to come into play,too. Probably the best shot we have at teaching responsible parenting classes would be while they are still in high school and college. There are much less useful courses that are required...why not? Some dingbat would probably protest this kind of class being taught to junior high children...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
O
O
Naughty? Perhaps my sarcasm was somewhat mispent on this tragedy in response to another article by the Women's Issues Editor concerning how we in this country are now dealing with another one of our political self made tragedies from South of the border.

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Originally Posted By: Gina - Women's Issues
Mary: Sadly, it is true. Check out the following in the Tulsa World. Actually, I was told by a woman a couple of days ago that Pit Bulls take such a rap when it is labs and retrievers that top the list of randomly aggressive dogs. I am trying to confirm this. g

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspxarticleID=20080729_11_Poli423723

Both Labs and goldens are RETRIEVING breeds - their prey drive is EXTREMELY high (that's why they make great dogs for playing fetch). I would wager that most of the "random aggression" cases with these dogs are a mis-placed prey drive. The person moves suddenly and triggers the bite - in this case the child was in a swing....that constant motion could absolutely trigger the dog to bite. Not the dogs fault - again - total and complete ignorance of basic dog behavior. I totally believe labs and retrievers have high bite rates...most people run when confronted with an aggressive dog - or move suddenly. Children who are around dogs should learn to hold compltely still, ideally curling into a fetal position to protect neck and belly as this will often cause a dog to stop an attack. Anyway - that's a totally different thought...

There is a website with a lot of good dog information - leerburg kennel website.

Angela <><

Angela England
T
T
When baby Oscar was born without a heart beat his devastated parents and doctors feared the worst. The little boy had become so distressed in the womb that his tiny body had started to shut down. Medics began a desperate battle to save his life - but warned his mother Lucy Allen and father Stephen Rose that, even if he lived, he would probably have brain damage

Ovarian Cysts No More

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
How horrible, that little baby must of been screaming from pain, did not any one hear it? I'm sure the baby wasn't sleeping while being chewed on. Something in not right here

Rosie L
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.