logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
Hi everyone! Training is almost complete and I am so excited to a part of Bella Online. Have not visited one topic I haven't enjoyed and am pleased to be in such good company!

Curious if you guys have heard the latest in Tulsa. A two month old baby is asleep in an infant swing on one part of the house. His seventeen year old mother and his grandmother are asleep on the other side of the house. Baby is fine around nine when grand-dad (dad left a little earlier according to press reports) leaves for work. Approximately an hour and a half or so later, the baby is found dead having been "eaten" by the family's black lab puppy. The State of Oklahoma has filed charges against the young mother who had recently been in some trouble according to the press. I'd say there are a multitude of "women's issues" implicated in this case and it is one we'll be following in the Women's Issues section as it develops. Just looking for the vox pop!!!

Ciao Bella!

Gina Cowley, Women's Issues Editor
Women's Issues
Sponsored Post Advertisement
O
O
First someone should be held accountable for not feeding the dog that morning.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
It sounds very interesting, as those are some of the most mild-mannered dogs to own I believe. I had not heard this one, why would they let the baby stay asleep in the swing! Oh there is so much wrong with this picture. I wish they would still "require" the young to have classes in the hospital like in the old days. This is a scary case. Is it really true?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
The issue had nothing to do with feeding or not feeding the dog. The issue is that ALL dogs have instinctive prey drives! And should NEVER (N.E.V.E.R.) be left unattended in the same room as any baby. EVER. Period. That is dog ownership and basic parenting 101.

Now this poor dog has a horrible label on it and will likely be euthanized for acting like a dog. Shocker there.

The issue is that too many people think baby's take care of themselves and that dogs are little people in fur coats. Neither are true. And if you don't know how to take care of a child - don't have one. If you can't take care of your dog (ie - treat it like a dog and not a tiny person) then ditto - don't have one.

Easy as that.

Angela <-- little patience for anyone who would leave a helpless infant unattended for that long.

Angela England
G
OP Offline
G
Mary: Sadly, it is true. Check out the following in the Tulsa World. Actually, I was told by a woman a couple of days ago that Pit Bulls take such a rap when it is labs and retrievers that top the list of randomly aggressive dogs. I am trying to confirm this. g

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Women's Issues
G
OP Offline
G
Angela, puppy was euthanized immediately for evidentiary purposes. Case has the city split on a multitude of levels. g

Women's Issues
O
O
There is more to this story than meets the eye. My guess there is an illegal mexican alien somewhere in this story!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: oktex
First someone should be held accountable for not feeding the dog that morning.

Naughty, Oktex!

Gecko
Gecko
One missed or late meal wouldn't create a dog in the throes of starvation, would it? Maybe it has more to do with the fact that all dogs view toddlers and babies as animals on the same level as themselves? The dog was apparently operating on some basic instinct while the baby's caretaker was asleep at the wheel and she should indeed be held accountable.

When are they going to make people pass a test before they turn them loose with helpless children? I know it's pulling government into our lives, but I wish that it was required for every pregnant female to attend parenting classes.

R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I think kids in grades 7, 8 and 9 should be required by law to take a parenting class in school. Both guys and gals!!!

This case, and the one in Orlando where the mom is not talking about where her child was for a few weeks before reporting her missing. Then I read today about the shaken baby syndrome that killed that New Years baby.

How about the case where the mom drove the child to work (forgot to drop him at the day care). After her shift at the hospital, she came out to the truck and found him dead. He was 2 or 3...the report said he tried to get out. My God - he fought for his life the best he could because Mommy "forgot" to drop him at day care....Doh!

This country needs something alright!!!

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.